Saturday, January 16, 2010

the luck of the lane - again.

Someone was watching out for us today.

We were sitting at a red light on the corner of St. Rose & Eastern where we witnessed a car SLAM in to the car right next to us. Which in turn made that car hit the car in front of them. All because a crazy lady was CLUELESS. She could have easily swerved or stopped if she would have been paying any attention. But instead, she caused quite the accident. It was like it happened in slow motion for us. We saw her speeding along with no brake lights in sight and before we knew it she came to a very abrupt stop thanks to the blue car in front of her.

We were glad we chose the middle lane instead of the right lane. I'm paranoid about car accidents as it is but even more so when I'm pregnant and Nate is in the car.

Watching this accident brought back a not-so-pleasant memory of when I was pregnant with Nate and the same thing happened to us while we were in my parent's car. Except that time a car did swerve in to us.

It was our lucky day.

12 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh! SooooOOoo scary! You are def. being watched over! You are getting close now Lindsay! Can't wait to see you and photograph your peanut :)

Alyssa Griffeth said...

Accidents are SO scary, and I find myself being a much more paranoid driver now that I'm a mom too! SOO glad you guys are okay!

mrs. timberlake said...

glad you're okay.

definitely makes you realize every little thing about driving and how lucky we are to reach each destination safely.

Julie T. said...

SO SCARY! It is definitely good to be cautious on St. Rose. . . Chris goes on several a day it seems like on that wonderful road:(

Andrus Family said...

So glad to hear it wasn't you guys this time. In my opinion, one car accident while you're pregnant should be the max you have to go through, which would mean I've met my quota, too!

Sidenote - got Millie and Tyler's gifts today in the mail. One word: ADORABLE. You are so nice and thoughtful, and now all I want is for it to be spring so I can dress Mil up! Thanks again!

Katie said...

Yikes Linds. That's crazy! I always think things like that when I have the kids in the car and I see an accident that we drive by. I always think...what if I would have left two minutes earlier, or what if Taylor didn't forget to put her shoes on and we wouldn't have been late...that could have been us.

It's that mom, pregnant, crazy mind that starts going! I'm glad you guys are okay! Scary.

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Wow...how scary...I'm glad you guys were safe and didn't get hit. I was watching Oprah today about people dying from driving while texting...I wish people would pay more attention and save the texting and other distractions for when they're not on the road. I'm glad you guys were safe! Hope your pregnancy is going well for you! Nate is getting so big and handsome! Send my love to my mission bro Griff!

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

Wow, scary. I am glad it was your lucky day too. I always think the St. Rose intersections are scary because the speed limit on St. Rose is nuts. I am also paranoid of car accidents being pregnant, and probably even more paranoid when I have a newborn in my back seat.

The Boz said...

WOW! I'm so glad that you chose the middle lane as well. Isn't it amazing when things like that happen how quickly we realize how fragile life is and how in an instant, so many things can change. Glad you guys were safe.

Lillie said...

Yikes--- it's so creepy when you realize how easily something awful could happen. Thank GOODNESS you were in the other lane.

Doreen Griffeth said...

So glad you are safe! Remind Wes as he drives about that!!!!
Love,
MOM G

The Skeehan Family said...

I have gotten to be such a paranoid driver sometimes... knowing it's not just you in the car definitely changes how you feel about everything.

glad you didn't choose that lane. so glad.