Sunday, April 8, 2007

Car #3 in a 5 car accident

We definitely had a little too much excitement last night. We went with my parents to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants – The Pasta Shop. We were on our way home, stopped at a red light. We were sitting there for at least a minute when we heard a car coming behind us….obviously not planning to stop with the rest of us at the red light. The reckless lady driving a red corolla smashed the right side of the Ford Taurus right next to us….sending them in to my mom’s Infiniti. The Red Corolla was going SO fast & because the red corolla hit the side of the Taurus, it then smashed a Nissan Sentra which hit a van and then spun in to the intersection. It’s amazing how fast all of this can happen.

We were definitely watched over last night. We were the only car in the left lane so we had minimal impact and minimal damage to the car. Everyone in the other lane got hit quite hard. Three of the other cars are most likely totaled & two people had to be rushed to the hospital. The lady driving the brand new ’07 Red Corolla had purchased her car the DAY before. It is now totaled & she's liable for a five car accident.

The more I think about it, the more I realize how blessed we were last night. Now that I’m pregnant the thought of being in a major accident scares me. We easily could have been in the other lane & then I would have been the one going to the hospital. While I knew I was fine, I was relieved when I felt him move around in there a few hours after the accident. I’m grateful we are all OK!

3 comments:

Lillie said...

Got chills! Oh yuck Lindsay... I'm SO glad you guys are ok. Car accidents are a real phobia of mine... it's like you're not in control... crazy red Corolla lady!

Anya said...

Yikes that is scary! Thank goodness everyone is okay. Side note to the care accident- isn't that baby moving around THE best feeling ever! There is like a 2-3 month window of the baby moving (before you get really big and uncomfortable and it drives you crazy because you have a foot in your rib cage at midnight) that is so great. It is such an amazing thing. Ahhhhh

The Boz said...

oh wow! I'm so glad you guys are ok. If I could only give the red corolla lady a piece of my mind! What was she thinking? There are unborn children to be aware of...jeez!