Monday, April 2, 2007

An ideal weekend

I love conference weekend.

Saturday was a great day….I got so much done! Wes usually plays golf every Saturday morning and this weekend was no different. While he golfs, I get projects done around the house. I especially loved this Saturday b/c I had the upstairs & the downstairs TV’s on with conference so I could listen to it regardless of what I was doing. I got the nursery almost totally cleaned out (that involved a trip to the storage unit!) & the house cleaned. On Saturday night during Priesthood session, I got the scrapbooking urge so I did that for 4 hours straight while Wes was gone!

Sunday included a great morning at home watching conference & brunch at my parent’s house. It is such a privilege to be able to listen to the words of our prophet and apostles. What great men they are. We watched the second session over at my parent's and then came home to fix dinner for some friends. Wes made his favorite “New Mexico” green chile enchiladas. Pretty tasty! It was so nice to just be at home. We didn’t really have anything that we had to do which is always the best. It was an exceptionally great weekend.

1 comment:

Lillie said...

Those are the weekends when I'm especially jealous of you living right by your parents. It's so nice to go home and eat their yummy food and lounge on their couches like a couple of kids.