Thursday, February 11, 2010

they are in charge from the beginning . . .

I wasn't ready for Nate to come in to the world on 8/6/07. I wanted a few days of lounging in the pool. But he came anyway - on his own time.

I'm now as ready as I'm ever going to be for baby boy #2 to arrive and he's quite content in the womb.

I should know by now that children don't do what their mothers would prefer for them to do.

I saw the doc again today. Absolutely no changes from last week. I am a few days shy of my due date so we're definitely participating in the baby waiting game. I'm actually feeling okay, other than not being able to get comfortable at night to sleep. But other than that - pregnant life is still tolerable. Hence no induction date. I prefer these monkeys to come when they are ready so I continue to wait. And wait.

And for the sake of having a "40 week" picture - here you go. A ginormous belly with a triple chin cropped out.

9 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

hi skinny arms and legs.

hi cute belly.

thinking of you guys...

laurel said...

Linds! Love the picture. Wow, that really is a 40 weeker. Can't wait to hear the good news when he decides to come along.

Anya said...

Don't you hate pregnant belly buttons? They are just never the same.

Amander said...

Cute little basketball belly. Hope he comes soon!

510Jen said...

Hang in there you can do it. Your belly is so cute.

Alisha said...

I'm impressed with your patience in waiting for this little guy to come...I'm a fan of induction. Hang in there!

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

I'm with you on waiting for our babies to arrive when they are ready, but it does get a little antsy waiting. You do look great, but I know how we are our own worst critics!

Laurel said...

LOVE it and so proud of you for sucking it up and putting this up on the blog! Can't wait to see your little guy, when he decides he's ready to meet us of course!

Doreen Griffeth said...

You look so cute!!! He will be here before you know it!
Can't wait!
Love,
MOM G