Friday, October 2, 2009

so long - farewell - auf Wiedersehen - goodbye . . . to being inside.

HELLO outdoors. We've missed you.


Our desert summer heat finally went away! It was beautiful this week. A little windy at times - but better than 100+ heat.

We took advantage of the cooler temperatures by spending A LOT of time outside. Almost all day, every day.

We went to the park. {sometimes twice a day}

Played with a tractor in the sand at the park.

Played a lot of t-ball. It's Nate's new favorite obsession. He asks to "hit the ball" all day long. He's getting pretty good at it but he gets frustrated, too.

We mowed the lawn.


Nate has always been a boy who loves being outside. So this summer was rough for him because unless we were in the pool - I refuse to go outside in this heat. He absolutely loved being outside all week long! When we weren't playing we were working in the yard which he also loved. He was my little helper and never complained!
However, this excitement for the outdoors has definitely affected his sleeping. He's so anxious to play that he has a hard time falling asleep! He still stays in his crib for a while during normal nap time whether he's asleep or not so I often find him saying "hit ball" or "play at park" or "ride bike" over and over and over. It's also the first thing he says when I walk back in to his room. I can't blame him though. It sure is nice to be outside.

He's been a great little kid all week but his lack of naps has led to a few short meltdowns that we managed to capture on camera.


I'm excited for FALL!

11 comments:

The Boz said...

I think the meltdown pics are actually my favorite. It FINALLY cooled down here this week too and it was SO nice and refreshing to be able to breath when you stepped outside.

mrs. timberlake said...

Amen! I now can include my backyard in the square footage of my house, and the days hold so many more oppportunities to not be stuck inside!

Doreen Griffeth said...

Too fun! Enjoy! We've been pounded by RAIN!!!! Love the pictures! Always love seeing the by in a hat! Was that his tongue out hitting the ball? Too cute!
Love,
MOM G

Alisha said...

I love fall weather! Enjoy!

Brandon, McKell & Ryker said...

Ryker has been the same way lately. No naps and some what cranky, but outside he is a dream. What park are you at anyway, it looks like a ton of fun.

laurel said...

Exciting! Just as we are starting to come inside :(

The Skeehan Family said...

AMEN. HALLELUJAH!! And ps, it helps keep pregnancy swelling down too :)

And I LOVE all the pictures, but the meltdowns are my favorite (I'm sure not so fun in person but in retrospect and frozen picture form, hilarious).

Trisha said...

I'm so glad it cooled off too. It is nice to be outside during the daytime. We need to talk soon about dates so we can plan out trip! Call me.

Bella Beginnings said...

I know... We have been just loving open window weather and playing outside... yeah for Fall. Cute photos of the meltdowns!

leigh and spencer said...

Love the tractor! Where can I find one of those??? Nate is getting so tall and very handsome little boy.

Andrus Family said...

I love FALL. I love our fall here, but I remember just how nice fall was there. Enjoy!