Wednesday, October 7, 2009

traditions

I love this time of year. I love the holidays. The {las vegas} weather. Although I love to visit Utah this time of year for the beautiful leaves.

I also love traditions. And there seem to be quite a few this time of year. Here are a few that I've had so far this month . . .

CONFERENCE WEEKEND
I love conference weekend for our church. Since we moved to Vegas . . . we've gone to my parents on Sunday after the first session for brunch and we usually stick around for the second session over at their house. This year was no exception. It's always yummy food and great company with my family.

ART IN THE PARK
It's an arts and crafts fair every October in Boulder City. I always go with my mom and Sam. It's a great morning outside - we always find a few unique items for our homes. This year we got my dad a piece of really cool art for his office!


HALLOWEEN DECORATING
Around october 1st or so . . . my mom comes over every year and helps me decorate for halloween. (she does the same thing after thanksgiving to decorate for christmas!). It has turned in to a fun little tradition that we both look forward to. at least I think she does! We spend the morning at my house putting things up. I always enjoy her help and company.

6 comments:

The Skeehan Family said...

I LOVE traditions and I love having something happen once that you end up loving so much that it turns into a tradition, you know?

mrs. timberlake said...

It's a tradition for me to go to your blog and see your cute decorations for each holiday.

love your halloween letter blocks the most, i think.

Doreen Griffeth said...

I love traditions, too! How fun!
Love,
Mom G

The Roe Family said...

you are so lucky to live by your family. looks spooky/great at the griffeth home. see you guys soon we're moving back this week.

Bella Beginnings said...

the decorations are so cute and ditto on the season for traditions!

Laurel said...

You've always had a flare for the holidays. I miss decorating for all of them with you! p.s. I want some belly shots!