Thursday, October 29, 2009

today's car ride.

First of all, Nate looked like this. He found these goggles at Aunt Sam's house and insists on wearing them.



We ran to the office this morning and on our way home, I handed Nate a new Elmo book. He was upset that I couldn't read it to him while I was driving. So after he threw the book a few times, I told him I wasn't picking it up anymore. After a moment of silence, he says:

Nate: "mom, i not happy with you."
Me: "Nate, you're not happy with me?"
Nate: "No, mom. Not yet."

We had the same conversation later in the day on our way to our ward's trunk-or-treat. I told him I needed a happy lion or else we were going home and going to bed. He apparently wasn't happy with me after that comment either and he let me know.

It definitely made me chuckle a few times today. I have to say that this is such a fun stage for me. I love hearing him come up with new things to say.

6 comments:

Sammy said...

haha i am glad to see he is still wearing those things!

Laurel said...

this is great. LOVE the goggles so much. Your posting his "unique look" reminds me of the pics you took of me in college of my "best" outfits! Anyway, i like that Nate is able to communicate exactly how he feels these days!

Alisha said...

He is so adorable...I can't wait to see him in a couple of week!

mrs. timberlake said...

i love these phrases... he has a great vocabulary and i love how he is experimenting with expressing himself!

The Skeehan Family said...

"I am not happy with you." Wow. What a hilarious little stinker.

Doreen Griffeth said...

You have BLACKMAIL material on this boy!!! So cute!
Love,
MOM G