Saturday, October 17, 2009

Haunted Harvest

Our Halloween festivites began last night at the Springs Preserve Haunted Harvest with my sister Ali and her family.

What safari animal is Nate this year?

His first Halloween he was a monkey.



Last year he was an elephant.



And this year? A LION!



And let me just say that he loves being a lion. He growled all night long last night and told us all day today that he's a LION. I had to get one more year out of him of being a cute animal. I'm sure by next year he'll want to be some kind of character or something scary!



Ali invited us to the Haunted Harvest last night at the Springs Preserve. They frequent the Springs Preserve but we'd never taken Nate there so we were excited to go. To say that Nate was excited to go Trick-or-Treating with his cousins is an understatement - even though he had no idea what trick-or-treating was {he was barfing all Halloween night last year.} We all had a great night!

We went Trick-or-Treating . . .



Nate scoped out his treats a few times. Luckily he didn't notice that Wes ate half his candy before we left the place!



The little guys did a little Halloween coloring . . .



And played some carnival style games! Nate loved throwing all of the balls to try to knock things over and he's loved playing with his prizes today.



The weather was nice . . . even though we've had another little heat wave. Nate was a little toasty in his costume but he didn't seem to mind. We had a great night kicking off our Halloween festivities - thanks Ali & Tripp for inviting us to join you. We had a great time.

9 comments:

The Skeehan Family said...

He might possibly be the cutest lion I've ever seen. Claire is going to be jealous - she would probably love being a lion and growling but her mean mom got a really cute princess/fairy costume at PB Kids right after Halloween last year for a steal so she's stuch being that... DANGIT!

So glad he gets to enjoy the festivities this year, I know what a bummer last year was.

mrs. timberlake said...

I am loving Abbie's costume...

back to Nate. He is a super cute Lion! Loved looking at his past costumes. Can't believe this is his THIRD halloween!

Laurel said...

SO cute and such a great idea to do jungle animals! If you weren't having another boy, and if we knew if we were having a boy, I'd say hand 'em over...we'll take the hand me downs. Heck, I always did in college! Glad Nate got to experience Halloween this year without being sick...I'm hoping for the same!

Taralee said...

I'm laughing that Wes ate 1/2 his candy. That's totally Tom. He goes around stealing all the kids candy. Luckily they always have plenty to spare or we might have problems :)

I feel like such a slacker because I'm just getting the costumes going. ha! And you all have them finalized. I'm finally getting my act together :)

Ali said...

I think half the candy is possibly an understatement. Nate may have been lucky to get a piece or two...but he'll have really healthy teeth!

On the flip side, Abbie begs me at every turn to look into her candy basket and choose something...none of which she really wants. I'm ready to toss it...

Doreen Griffeth said...

So cute!!! I LOVED hearing his growl!!!! Thanks for sharing!
Love,
MOM G

Cute pictures!

Alisha said...

I love the costume...Trey loved being a lion last year and tried it on again this year when we pulled out the Halloween stuff! I love this time of year!

Andrus Family said...

LOVE the costume! Wish you guys could come to Boo at the Zoo with us again this year...mostly so you and I can go trick or treating and eat the candy!

Teisha said...

What a cute lion! I totally agree about having kids wear cutesy halloween costumes as long as they will let us throw it on them.