Saturday, June 30, 2007

a baby shower

On Thursday night, a few family friends, my sisters/mom & my dear friend Anya threw me a baby shower. They really went over the top with wonderful food, adorable decorations & great company. There are so many families that have lived in Las Vegas as long as we have (22 years) and we are all pretty much still within a 15 mile radius of each other. It was great to see not only so many family friends but a few of my dear friends that I don't get to see very often.

I'm always amazed at how creative, talented & generous people are. They gave us so many wonderful things that we're so appreciative of. So many ladies made the cutest blankets, burp cloths, etc. Everyone was so generous and thoughtful. I even had a surprise gift all the way from New York! Thanks Laurel! You never cease to amaze me.

Here are a few pictures of the evening. Anya always has so many great ideas for decorations!



clothesline ~ baby and toddler pictures of Wes and I

diaper cake & baby carriage cookies





I have to post about one gift that was specifically for Wes. It is a basket that Sam put together. She managed to find a few things for the little guy that will truly make him Wes' son. An Atlanta braves onesie, hat and socks, a Georgia bulldogs Tshirt, hat and socks, a cowboy hat and boots (I didn't know I married a cowboy at heart until a few years ago!), a few shirts that Sam swears that Wes owns (they are pretty darn close), and a pirates shirt for Wes' love of Pirates of the Caribbean. Wes loved the basket & can't wait to dress him. Thanks Sam!


Thanks to all of you for your friendship and generosity during this exciting time for Wes and I. We're looking forward to this next phase of our life to begin!

5 comments:

510Jen said...

Looks like you got some fun stuff. You are going to love being a mom. When is your due date? Hopefully I will be able to meat this little guy.

Anya said...

I can't wait to see this little boy- it will be fun to have kids so close and do fun things...did you ever think we'd be at this point in our lives?!

Katie said...

So fun. My mom said it was a hit - as always! Wish I could have been there. Time will hopefully start flying by now.

JnR said...

Aren't friends the best? I am in love with those little cowboy boots! How adorable!!!! I have been making different burp cloths and blankets so I was wondering if you could post pictures of some of the ones you received? Thanks.

Trisha said...

I wish I could've stayed to see all the cute presents. It was great to see you and I can't wait to see the little one too!