Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Spontaneity

I love it when I have the ability to be spontaneous. This past weekend was perfect. Wes & I didn't have anywhere we had to be.

On Friday around 3pm we decided to go to dinner with our friends Ryan & Leslie. Ryan spends the summers in Utah so we went out with them one last time to one of our favorite restaurants...Lucilles. We had icecream at their house and then came home early and Wes & I watched a movie.
On Saturday morning, while Wes helped Sam paint her cabinets in her new house, I was able to work around the house which I truly love to do on a Saturday. I actually look forward to

Saturday mornings when I can get a few things done around the house. We drove across town to order our chair/glider for the nursery so we'd have it in time for his arrival. We had a casual lunch, ran a few errands, and then while I went swimming at my parents house Wes went to the driving range. While I was in the pool....Ali, Tripp & Abbie showed up to swim, too. We realized that none of us had plans for the evening so we decided to go to The Cheesecake Factory with them for dinner. We went grocery shopping on the way home & then enjoyed another evening at home with just the two of us.

Sunday was equally as nice. We had a leisurally morning since neither one of us had to teach & we tried a new recipe on Sunday night for dinner, watched some TV, & enjoyed time at home.

Every single thing we did was impulsive. We didn't have anything planned....we just did what we felt like doing at the time and it was perfect. I have a feeling we should take advantage of being impulsive before Baby Griffeth arrives.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

What? Your stake pres. hasnt told you not watch tv on Sundays like ours has? And now it has expanded to Mondays. It's a rule jared just can't keep. =) I'm so glad you have this blog and I can keep up on you. Decided on any names yet?

Lillie said...

I bet you'll surprise yourselves in the beginning-- still a little spontaneous with little Griffeth. That's the nice thing about nursing.. the food's always packed. It's when they're screaming, napping toddlers that things really change. (Maybe that's just us.)

Bella Beginnings said...

baby number one still allows for some spontaneity, especially the first few months, we could still do movies, trips, restaurants. but baby number 2 changes everything... so different, but there is twice as much love so its definately worth it!
what a fun weekend.