Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Can a kitchen table really take a year to finish?

The answer is.....YES.



When Wes & I first got married, we bought a kitchen table from his aunt and uncle. We really liked the style of the table but we had every intention of re-finishing it. That never happened in Utah so we decided to do it when we moved down here. We started last May. Yes, one year ago we stripped the table and painted it a combination of cream and dark brown. It took ALOT longer than expected but we finally got it done. Then, almost a year later, I finally got around to buying new fabric which then sat in a closet for a few months. Then, my in-laws come for the weekend & with their help, the project is now totally complete! We couldn't have done it so fast without them. We replaced all of the foam and did a double-layer of fabric! I love how it turned out. The pattern looks slightly green in the photo but it's a brown and cream pattern that adds a little bit of life to the table & to the room. I'm usually not the type to let a project go on for months and months so I'm thrilled that it's finally done!

6 comments:

Alisha said...

I love how the table turned out! Eventually I will hopefully put my parents to work doing my dining room chairs! Glad you all had a great weekend...I am so jealous!

Bella Beginnings said...

they look beautiful. how nice to get it done before the baby!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I have to put my 2 cents in, yes the project took a long time but I think it is good it took that long because I needed to pace myself. It looks great and we know now not to ever do it again!!!

laurel said...

I love your chairs and table!! You did a great job. Worth the wait :)

Lillie said...

You finished it! How long ago were we there when it was turned upside down??? I'd say it was all worth it. (Except that I didn't have to do the work) It looks amazing! What a gorgeous pattern on that fabric. I love it!

Alyssa Griffeth said...

I LOVE the fabric you used!!! It looks great! Next time I'm recovering chairs, I'll know who to have help me...Robert and Doreen!!! :-)