Monday, May 28, 2007

3-Day Weekend = Good Company, Celine Dion, a Project and some relaxation

We were lucky enough to have Wes' parents Robert & Doreen come to visit us this weekend from Georgia. We always look forward to their trips to Vegas.



We had a pretty low-key weekend. Most of the time was spent enjoying each other's company & playing games.

We did have one highlight of the trip....CELINE DION! Wes' parents took not only Wes & I but my parents as well to Celine Dion on Saturday night. She only has 70 or so shows left so we were glad to see her before her show in Las Vegas ends. All I can say about the show is: WOW. I love her music but hearing her live really reminds you of how unbelievably talented she is. The crowd gave her a standing ovation at the beginning which brought tears to her eyes and you could tell her thank you was sincere and heartfelt. Along with her voice, she has 50+ dancers & performers that are a part of her show. It was nice to see her as a part of a show/performance instead of a typical concert like most other singers. She had unbelievable sets & it truly was fabulous. Thanks Robert & Doreen! We met my parents for dinner at one of our favorite restaurants....The Pasta Shop....which just added to our great evening out!



The Griffeths are extremely handy around the house and we always benefit when they come to visit us. We always get a few projects done & we're so grateful for their help. The last few trips we built shelves in the garage, shelves in our closet-under-the-stairs, cabinets in the laundry room, finished our entertainment center, etc. This trip Robert & Wes put together the crib and we re-covered our kitchen table chairs....a project that took us over a year to complete! (A post to follow on the table alone!).
We had a nice Monday afternoon at my parent's house for a BBQ. I managed to spend an hour or so in the pool.....it's becoming a necessity to take the pressure off my body!
It was great to see you Robert & Doreen. Thanks for taking us to Celine, for your endless help around the house, and your company. We always enjoy seeing you & look forward to seeing you again so you can meet your new grandson!



4 comments:

The Skeehan Family said...

That sounds like such a delightful weekend. I am very impressed at your ability to get projects done! I am utterly stressing at everything we have to get done and you just seem so ahead of the game. :)

Lillie said...

Linds- you look great in this pic. I want to see the belly!

So jealous that you saw Celine. Wow.

The Boz said...

CELINE???? I'm sooooooo jealous! Sounds like you had a great weekend. I love the chairs. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Bella Beginnings said...

you look great... no weight gain in the face! Sounds like a fun weekend. I have to tell you with both my babies, the pool was my best friend. Took the weight off my hips (which realy get out of line) and helped my swollen feet, plus if there is one time to not feel bad about being chubby in a bathing suit it is now! Take advantage and enjoy!