Friday, March 26, 2010

we saw some of our favorite people today.

Today we had a surprise visit from the Andrus family. They are some of our favorite people who unfortunately moved back to Utah a few years ago. They were in St. George this week and decided to pop down to Vegas today to say hello to us for the day! What a fun surprise that was!


{sorry Millie, it's the only picture I have!}

The next best surprise was how nice Nate was to Millie! He's been a little naughty lately so it was refreshing to watch him just have FUN with another little kiddo. And boy did they have fun. They played at the house. They played at the park. They played outside. And loved it. If we lived closer to them I know they'd be good buddies.




It was a perfect afternoon in my opinion! Ryan & Wes stayed at the park with Millie & Nate. According to Wes, the kids just played and played on the playground while Wes and Ryan got to chat. Leslie and I took off with the little guys and ran to a few of our favorites . . . Trader Joes, Homegoods & The District. I haven't had an afternoon shopping with a friend without a toddler in a long time. And we ended our outing with takeout from Lucilles. Like I said, a perfect afternoon.

As I put Nate to bed tonight, he looked up and said, "mom. millie's my friend." It's official Ryan & Leslie - we're coming to visit you in May. Get the golf clubs and shopping carts ready.

Nate even loved little Tyler and danced all over the living room for Tyler to watch him. It got me excited for Ryan to get this big so Nate can entertain him!



I wish you guys still lived here . . . but I guess I'll have to settle for a few weekends a year! Thanks again for coming down - it was great to catch up.

3 comments:

Andrus Family said...

Oh, I absolutely LOVE those pics of Nate and Millie. But my favorite might be of Nate with his arm around Ty - too cute! Thanks for allowing us to crash your weekend, it felt just like old times. I haven't had a shopping outting like that in a long time either, so it felt good! We really do miss living so close, so feel free to drop in on us any time. And of course, it was fun to meet baby Ryan. He is a d o r a b l e!!

Andrus Family said...

PS - thank you for emailing me those pics!!

Doreen Griffeth said...

It is fun to see these kids growing up, too! So fun!
Love,
MOM G