Saturday, March 20, 2010

Everybody needs an Aunt Sam.

A few weeks ago, Sam called me and asked if she could take Nate to Touch a Truck on March 20th. Of course, I said YES!



Wes decided to tag along with them this morning as they went to the Orleans parking lot for Touch a Truck where there was every kind of motorized vehicle imaginable that the kids could get in and play in.



They had everything - tow trucks, fire trucks, police cars, motorcycles, etc. This is a dream come true for a 2-year old little boy. Nate especially loved the tow truck and the limo.







On their way home, Sam & Wes were talking about lunch and Nate asked for Cafe Rio. So they headed there and got some icecream afterwards.

When they got back to our house, Nate had a huge smile on his face. He had such a fun morning. When Aunt Sam went to leave, he kept saying . . . "don't go yet, Sam. Stay here with me."

Like I said, everyone needs an Aunt Sam.

5 comments:

Kiley said...

How fun! I wish we had an aunt sam!

Alyssa Griffeth said...

What a great aunt! And what a fun day!!! Olivia is SOOO into vehicles of every kind these days(I know....SO femanine!). She would LOVE if we had something like that here.

The Skeehan Family said...

oh my gosh. does touch a truck come to phoenix??? and more importantly, if it does, can sam come here??? :)

that looks AWESOME.

Doreen Griffeth said...

What an awesome AUNT!!! He does love his AUNT SAM! I love that she LOVES those boys!
Love,
MOM G
I think Wes enjoyed touching a truck!

Amander said...

I agree - everyone needs an Aunt Sam!