Monday, March 23, 2009

move over just a tad, Sesame Street.

The Hundred Acre Wood found a spot in Nate's heart.



Nate has always L O V E D Sesame Street. And he still does. But he recently developed a true LO V E for the Hundred Acre Wood and all of the characters who live there. It all started with me trying to get him familiar with Disney characters so he'll know who they are when I take him to Disneyland this summer. It didn't take long for him to become obsessed with Winnie the Pooh.

We watch Pooh. We read Pooh. We sing Pooh. Everything is about Pooh. His favorite character is Roo, but he walks around saying Pooh all day long. I even have to sing him the original theme song before he goes to bed. A primary song will no longer suffice.

I had the same love for Winnie the Pooh when I was little so it's been kinda fun watching/reading/singing it all over again.

14 comments:

laurel said...

That's really cute!

I would do anything to get Ashton to watch a show or read a book. The kid is not interested.

Doreen Griffeth said...

I love that you read and sing with him! He is such a lucky boy to develop a love of reading YOUNG!
Thanks for sharing!
Love,
MOM G

Alisha said...

Aren't kids fun at this age...I love when they start having an opinion!

The Roe Family said...

How cute! He'll have so much fun at Disneyland. One of the times we've been we rode the Winnie the Pooh ride 7 times. There is never a line.

Amander said...

Aw, I love Pooh too! That is great that he has a new fun love.

The Baker said...

just as long as you don't start decorating his room in pooh stuff :)
Yeah he will love that pooh ride at disneyland.

Lillie said...

If you're not going with family--- tell us when you go! We're into it lately... we leave and I CRAVE it the next day. I love that place!

Julie T. said...

Sounds like he needs a trip to Disneyland:)

Andrus Family said...

Cute - I haven't exposed Mil to that one yet, she is just learning about Sesame Street and seems to get a kick out of that. I want to go to Disneyland!!

Camille said...

That is adorable.. I've always loved Pooh & Friends!
I can't believe how big he is getting, I was just seeing how cute/big Millie is. Man time flies- specially when you no longer see people! :)
I can't believe Megan painted those- she IS talented in too many ways- just not fair!! LOL

BTW- Noah is in a tumbling class too- that uses those same big wheel mats..? he loves it - too fun!

Sammy said...

I'm just a little black rain cloud... hovering over the honey tree... i can teach him that pooh song. Have you brought out all your stuffed animals yet?

The Skeehan Family said...

ahhhhhh, as if nate couldn't get any cuter. good job mom.

Anya said...

Getting back to Sesame. Sesame street live is at cox pavillion next month and my boys LOVE it. IF he still has love in his heart- I suggest you go. So fun to watch them enjoy it.
I have the old school pooh videos-don't know if you have those.

Unknown said...

A boy after my own heart. Nothing beats the old Winnie the Pooh movies, Hundred Acre Wood, Blustery Day, etc. Love it!