Friday, March 6, 2009

a glimpse in to our life right {now}

When I think back to life before Nate, I truly have no idea what we did. What was life like with so much freedom? This prompted me to write down what my life is like {now}. Because one day I'll wonder what life was like when I worked from home and spent my days with one crazy and adorable little boy.


{terrible picture, I know. But that's what you get when your arm is sticking out and it covers the flash.}

- Wes works in the California office 2-3 {and occasionally 4} days a week. Wes' travel schedule is a little rough on both of us sometimes but in an economy like this, we are lucky that he has a job. Even if he's in another state most of the time.

- We have a random alarm clock {Nathan} that goes off every morning between 6am-7am.

- We eat at Cafe Rio about once a week. They know us in there and the workers LOVE Nate. We almost always go next door after dinner to get some Nielsen's custard. Last week we weren't going to get any custard but Nate walked out of Rio and walked right in to Nielsen's. He turned back and looked at us like "come on guys . . . this is what we do, right?" He wanted his i-cone.

- Nate is in tumbling every Friday morning with his buddy Hadley.

- Wes plays basketball on Wednesday nights when he's in town.

- We love our Sunday afternoons now that we're home from church at noon. Nate eats lunch and goes down for a nap so we have a few hours of relaxation ourselves.

- I work from home every day but I spend at least one day a week in the office while my mom {or Kiley or Alayna} play with Nate. For the next month I'll be there at least 3 days a week until a large project is complete. I am very blessed knowing that he is a loved little boy when I'm away from him! And I really enjoy having a foot in the business world.

- I have a Young Womens activity every Wednesday night and Wes has a ward missionary meeting every Thursday night.

- I go to book club and bunco every month.

- We go on a lot of walks. Whether it's for exercise, some fresh air or to walk to a friend's house
. . . . we love walks.

- I'm trying to stay on Weight Watchers but I keep falling off that wagon.

- Nate goes to bed between 6:30pm-7pm every night. . . without a fight . . . and it's fabulous.

- We lucked out with a fabulous ward filled with great friends. They make being a working-stay-at-home-mama a great job. And they provide some much needed girl time which I always enjoy.

- Wes still loves to golf and plays as often as he can. Which isn't very often, unfortunately.

- We take Nate outside to say "hi" to the garbage man every Wednesday and Saturday morning. We have an awesome garbage man that waves and honks to Nate every time.

- We have a daily game of basketball with Nate and his little tikes hoop.

- I cherish Saturdays. We almost always get to spend it together playing with our little boy. Nate loves having his dad around.

It's a crazy life but we like it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great glimpse. Sounds like a busy, but fun life. I'm sure in 10 plus years you'll look back and this and smile.

mrs. timberlake said...

It just hurts my eyes to read that Wes is gone that much.

Our garbage man doesn't wave and honk to the girls.
:(

Teisha said...

That is really cute...I think I will do that on my blog. I can't believe Nate works in Cali so much. That must be so hard on you. Where does he work in Cali? Does he go just for a day and back or does he stay somewhere here?

Alisha said...

You all really are a cute family and do a great job of juggling it ALL!

Julie T. said...

Such a cute post. I find comfort in knowing that my life isn't the only crazy one!! I also think about what I did when I didn't have kids and life wasn't so busy. . . what in the heck did I do with my time?!?!