Sunday, March 1, 2009

So long. Farewell.



For the past 4+ years I've been spoiled.

My little sis {Sam} has worked at the GAP for the last 4.5 years. She quit last week when a different job opportunity came up to give her some normalcy while she's back in school to get her nursing degree. Since she was a GAP manager most of the time, she was very good at following the "don't share your discount" rules so she never bought me anything and then had me pay her back. So it's not that I'll miss her discount . . . but I will miss:

* The bags {yes, bags is plural} of clothes she used to hand me for Nate. She is an awesome auntie and was always buying Nate/Daisy/Abbie/Kyle clothes and never expected Ali or I to pay her back. Nate did send her random gift cards as a thank you, though.
* The phone calls from Sam telling me . . . "we have a pair of x-long jeans in your size for $12. You want 'em?"

* Or the times Gap has a re-call on items and sells them to their employees for 1 cent. And I reap the benefits.

Don't get me wrong, we're happy for ya Sam. We hope this job change means that we get to see you more. But I'd be lying if I said I won't miss you working there. But thanks for ALL of the stuff you gave us over the years. We really do appreciate it. When dad closes his doors one day and I'm out of a job I'll go work retail and let you know about all the sales.

One final request . . . can you please have one of your GAP buddies keep us in the loop on Friends and Family?

7 comments:

Sammy said...

No worries... friends and family is in two weeks and they gave me a whole booklet of coupons... which they told me I could have every time we had F&F so I think we are covered!

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

I am sure Peggy would let you in on Friends and Family! :)

Ali said...

Yes, a Friends and Family discount would help ease the pain of not ever knowing about the recall items!

Anya said...

Boo...i'm sad.

Anya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Teisha said...

I wish I had those perks! Enjoy the last little bit while you can.

Amander said...

I was worried about the Friends & Family too! But happy for Sam and her new "normal" life.