Sunday, March 8, 2009

finally captured on video

There are a few of Nate's "talents" that I wanted to capture on video and I got a few of them tonight. While he's been doing the animal sounds for months and months . . . saying his name and age are a new thing.

Yesterday afternoon, Wes and I walked in to his room to get him from his nap and he pointed to himself and said "Nate" over and over. This was the first time he'd ever said his name. I swear he learns at least one new word every day and i love it. Listen close when he says his name - it's easy to miss.

And yes, I know he's ONE but his favorite number is TWO so that's what he says. But he still holds up one finger to show us he's one.

Only a child of two icecream fanatics learns the word "i-cone" {icecream cone} as one of his first 20 words. He definitely loves his i-cones. i found these TINY cones that are a perfect size for him!

7 comments:

Alyssa Griffeth said...

That's adorable! I love hearing his cute little voice. Video taping (and blogging) Olivia's "tricks" has been on my to-do list for a while now. Maybe soon...

I love that he knows what an ice cream cone is!!!

Alisha said...

So darn cute! I WANT more! The video really shows that he not only looks way grown up, but he is! Did you happen to use the flip? I love it!

Teisha said...

That is so cute! I'm so impressed with everything he can say. My girls don't say too much. Tianna doesn't say her own name but calls for her sister all the time she says "Talia". How old is Nate now? I want him to be one of my girls first dates when they get older, ha,ha!

mrs. timberlake said...

I am very jealous of his mad language skills and zoo sounds. I will be working on the iguana interpretation with the girls this week.

Alyssa Griffeth said...

I'm curious if you used your Flip camera too?! It looks like maybe you did....I just used mine for a YW's activity tonight and it was SO SO easy to use. I love it!

Laurel said...

So so so cute! I love his iguana and am very proud that you are instilling a love of i-cone at such a young age!

Trisha said...

That's a great video. I love that he knows about ice cream cones already. I would be shocked if he didn't!