Tuesday, March 17, 2009

megan's masterpiece(s)

I have a very talented friend named Megan. I've mentioned her on here as a fabulous baker and the one with all the yummy recipes. But she's an artist, too. She recently painted a canvas for Kiley for Hadley's room and I fell in love the minute I saw her work. I recently bought some funky Pottery Barn placemats and had Megan paint a similar pattern on two 12x12 canvases for me for my home office. I needed something bright and cheery to accompany the chalk and magnet boards. Here is the finished product:





Isn't she amazing? I absolutely L O V E them and wish I were half as talented as her. Thank you Megan!

12 comments:

Alyssa Griffeth said...

Wow! That's talent! (But P.S.- You're just as talented too!!)

And I love your work station. It's so cheery and fun! I need something like that!

Julie T. said...

I love those! Does she take orders for random people like me?

Amander said...

She did a fabulous job - those look great!

Brooke said...

Incredible. I would not know where to begin!

The Baker said...

thank you lindsay, they look perfect in that space! I had so much fun doing them.

Shauna said...

great, now i have my sister as competition....JUST GREAT!

They look really cute in your office! i love that.

Kiley said...

Those look so good! i love them. i like how they look, i wish i could decorate as good as you do!

Becky Chatwin said...

Those are so cute! Does she take orders from people? She did a great job.

The Jacksons said...

I am in love with these! I have been looking for a goof bird art piece for my little Birdie's room. That looks perfect! Maybe I need to meet your friend.

510Jen said...

those are soooo cute. she is amazing.

The Roe Family said...

Well you may not be talented at painting (i really don't know) but i think you have impeccable taste. and would love for you to come to my house and rearrange and help me buy fun treasures for my home.

katierose said...

those turned out really nice, lindsay! i agree with alyssa...i think you are DANG talented! shoot, it was your idea in the 1st place :).