Saturday, January 31, 2009

a happy day

Today was a happy day because these two got married.



This is my great Uncle Jerry (he's my grandma's brother) and his new wife Halene. She's fabulous and I'm so happy for both of them. Jerry has lived in Vegas for almost 10 years and has been at countless Sunday dinners and family events so we've got to spend quite a bit of time with him in the last decade.

Both Jerry & Halene both lost a spouse in the last few years so it's nice to see them so happy with each other. It's got to be pretty lonely when you find yourself all alone after being with someone for 50+ years. They were married today for time in the Las Vegas temple. It was nice to be at the temple. Wes and I even managed to go a little early to do some temple work. What a peaceful place in a crazy world.

My parents had a luncheon after the wedding at their house to celebrate the big day. It was a perfect January day in the desert. The sun was shining. It was warm for a January day. Which made it a perfect afternoon outside in the backyard.



I got to spend time with my sisters today just chatting . . . which I always enjoy.



And here's a picture of the original Marz clan . . .pre-husbands & kiddos.

4 comments:

Doreen Griffeth said...

What a great day! Thanks for sharing the happy day!
Love,
MOM G

Alisha said...

Another fun weekend. Love the pictures...what did you do with Nate?

Brooke said...

So.. when you come over could you teach me how to de-saturate my pictures but leave some color like you did in the last picture?

Street Fam said...

Awww...I miss all you guys. My family is going to California this summer. We're going to stay a night in Las Vegas. We should meet for dinner. Haha! Do you like how I am planning it 6 months in advance. :)