Sunday, January 25, 2009

sundays are rough. real rough.



We thought that changing from 1pm church to 9am church would really make a difference with Nate. Not so much. He must sense that it's Sunday from the minute he wakes up because he's
G R U M P Y almost every Sunday. Not just a little grumpy. A lot grumpy. Now, I'm crossing my fingers that nursery will make a difference at least while we're at church. ONE MORE Sunday and he's in nursery!

We had about one hour of today that was pleasant (other than when he took a nap). It was when we took Nate for a walk on his new bike and then let him run in the driveway.





Nate absolutely loves his bike. A few weeks ago, Nate's friend Chase was nice enough to share his bike while we were at the park and Nate loved it so much that I had to get it for him. And I haven't regretted it for one minute. He LOVES it. He's already a little too daring . . . standing up on the pedals and riding without hands.

Cross your fingers that this Sunday naughty-ness is only a phase. A short phase.

10 comments:

The Roe Family said...

sorry wish i could give you advice on the naughty thing but i need help myself. I'm so glad Nate got a bike now him and Chase can be biker buddies. We love that thing, it's in my kitchen as I type being ridden.

Becky Chatwin said...

Emma has that exact same bike! She loves it too. We just switched to 1pm church and now Sunday is my worst day of the week.....I know I am a sinner for even saying it. Emma is having a very hard time with the change because it is right during nap time and it is showing in nursery! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Unknown said...

I can't believe that he is almost in nursery! How time flys. I hope Sundays get better for you.

Doreen Griffeth said...

He will get it! He is so cute and I am sure he will love the activity level in the nursery. Good LUCK!
Love,
MOM G

Ali said...

I think everyone's Sabath Day sucks rocks...at least if you have small children. It gets tiring when people call you on Sunday and ask how your day was, telling them it was "Ok" when really it was a total nightmare.

Daisy rode that bike at a b-day party Abbie was at Saturday and loved it too.

Kiley said...

Nursery is the best after a few times and they get use to it. Hadley will love having him in there with her. I love the picture of Nate and your neighbor's dog. Its so cute.

laurel said...

Sundays are soooooo hard!

Teisha said...

I can't believe he is riding a bike already. He is a quick learner. That is awesome he will be in nursery soon. I am already counting down the months until my girls go in. I agree...Sunday are rough. We would be totally inactive right now if we didn't have callings. No matter what time you go, it is never easy with little kids.

The Skeehan Family said...

I cannot believe he almost gets to be in nursery!! You'll have to tell me how that one goes - I am giddy in anticipation that I might be able to go to Sunday school in a couple months.

Oh, and let's see, we were at 9:00, and then this year we switched to 11:00 and then our ward died and so now we are back at 9:00 - this Sunday should prove interesting. My poor confused baby.

And I lovvvvvvvvvvve the bike. How fun! And those earlier pics of Nate are darling - you capture the most precious moments.

And it helps you have such a darling boy to capture :)

Brooke said...

you are too funny! You don't have to pay me to teach you to digi scrap! Just come on over!