Thursday, May 27, 2010

a mom of ONE for 24 hours

I love Nate. But I also love a break from Nate every once in a while so when my parent's offered to take Nate to the cabin a day early - I said sure.

Wes, Ryan & I are headed to the cabin tomorrow for Memorial Day weekend. But Nate and Grandma and Grandpa left today at about 1:00pm. Nate was soooo excited to go to the cabin. It's been a while but he specifically remembered that he wanted to ride the yellow, red & green cabin cars so he's stoked.

My dad, of course, had his cowboy boots on so I had to dig Nate's out of his suitcase before they hit the road. And then he put his hat on and we played soccer while my parent's loaded the truck.



I loaded Nate in his car seat and he looked around at the jam-packed car and said, "mom, where are you going to sit?" Apparently he didn't totally grasp that I wasn't joining him until that moment. He was a little bummed but snapped right out of it and started reading the Berenstein Bears.



I just got the call that they made it and Nate and Papa are already on their first cabin car (4 wheeler) ride. Apparently Nate was a great little traveler and made it on his first road trip in underwear!

And let me just say that being a temporary mom of one is heavenly. But I'm excited to see Naters tomorrow. He loves the cabin.

3 comments:

The Skeehan Family said...

he did it! he did it! he did it!! That's AWESOME!!!

Have a wonderful time at the cabin and enjoy a very PEACEFUL ride up there :)

leigh and spencer said...

Congrats on the potty training! It's so fun to see them get excited about their success at the potty:) If I would have known that buying Spence "choo choo" undies was going to keep him from having accidents, we would have bought out the entire store! They are by far his favorites.

Andrus Family said...

Oh trust me, there is no better feeling than being a parent to only 1! Okay that sounds bad, but it is nice to have a break from the mobile child every now and then. Hope you had tons of fun at the cabin!!