Sunday, May 9, 2010

ryan's room

I was going to keep the nursery the same for Ryan as it was for Nate. But then when we found out we were moving - Sam convinced me to re-do the nursery. I told her she had a teeny-tiny budget and if she could find new bedding for super-cheap - I'd do it.

I think a bumper for $8 that matched my existing sheets and crib sheet counts as super cheap.

And, its got polka dots.

I love polka dots.




With all of the white furniture and white shutters - we went with dark brown walls with a hint of light blue and bright yellow. I'm loving yellow these days. {thanks Wes for painting until 2am to get it done before Ryan's arrival.}




I always keep the nursery pretty simple - it's nice to have one room in our house done!

12 comments:

laurel said...

soooooo cute!

Julie T. said...

It looks great! But, I wouldn't expect anything less from you Linds:) I hear you on getting one room done at a time. Our one room happens to be our downstairs bathroom- not sure why we picked that one to do first??

mrs. timberlake said...

love the brown.
ryan is a lucky baby to have such a sleek nursery.

The Skeehan Family said...

oh man. you have some skills. maybe one day you'll rub off on me :)

and to think I get to see this in person in a few days.

giddy.

ridiculously giddy.

Lauren said...

Lindsay- I LOVE it! I love the brown, the simplicity, the yellow lamp. Love it all.

Alyssa Griffeth said...

I'm LOVING that lamp....AND the brown walls. Too cute! I'm being boring and keeping our nursery the exact same, just so I don't have to repaint. :) I guess it IS one of the perks of having the same sex baby twice in a row!

Now you just need to fill me in on the secret of WHERE ON EARTH you found a bumper for $8!?! Becuase I'm pretty sure the one at PBK that I'm coveting right now is slightly more than $8. :)

Anya said...

Fabulous.

Doreen Griffeth said...

LOVE it! What a lucky boy! Thanks for sharing the complete room!
Love,
MOM G

510Jen said...

Way cute. You are amazing at the decorating thing. Now can you come and help my house a little?

Kiley said...

Oh i love it!!!

Brooke said...

What a darling room! You are so creative and wonderful Lindsay!

katierose said...

i {love} your taste! what a perfect nursery for a perfect little boy! can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the house!