Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ryan is 3 months old




This little chunk of ours is growing up so fast. Here's a little about Ryan at 3 months:

- he laughs & smiles.
- loves attention.
- started holding on to things and grabbing at toys.
- loves his binky.
- he is strong. we forgot to strap him in his swing once and he scooted his way out on to the tile. we are decent parents, i promise.
- had his first cold & his still congested.
- still loves his bath and gets water everywhere.
- he decided sleeping through the night isn't very fun and now wakes up twice.
- he lost his "really easy baby" status - explanation below.
- he is a big ball of gas. he farts all day long. poor guy!
- kinda like his brother where you get extremely happy or really mad.
- enjoys his sleep. From the beginning he has enjoyed being wrapped up and laid in his bed for a nice snooze.

We still get a lot of the happy Ryan but he decided to show us another side of his cute little self this month. I can't really blame him - he has turned in to such a gassy little dude. He's constantly maneuvering himself in all kinds of positions to try to get the farts out. And sometimes he just screams - day or night - & our only guess is that he's in pain. Even nursing has turned in to a struggle. About half the time I lay him down to eat he arches his back and kicks and screams. Hopefully his medicine will help. I'd love for my happy, easy-going baby to return!




It's been fun seeing his little personality develop this month. He gives a great smile and a great laugh and is constantly kicking his legs and enjoying being able to grab things. He will smile at just about anyone but Nate. He's mesmerized by him but doesn't smile. It's like he's staring at him thinking . . . "what in the world is that kid doing?" It's pretty funny.
We love this kid & it's hard to remember life before he joined us! Here are a few more of Ryan . .







6 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

shut. up.

3 months.

jeesh!

love the last photo of you and little lamb.

Lauren said...

So cute. I love the bath picture.

Random question- what kind of camera do you have? I'm thinking of a Canon Rebel, I need the encouragement.

Becky Chatwin said...

What a cutie! I can't believe three months has gone by already! We really should get together and have a play date before I have the baby. Call me when you have time!

Laurel said...

such a cutie. I love that you pop his collars- such a stud! I hope his "good baby" side returns soon.

Doreen Griffeth said...

Wow! Who is that big kid??? I can't believe how big he is! I cannot wait to get my hands on him!
Love,
MOM G

LOVE the pictures!

leigh and spencer said...

You guys are great parents. I think the accident in the swing happens to all of us...I think. Oh well, Jaidyn and Spence have both survived the swing accident:) You would think I would have learned from the first one.