Saturday, May 1, 2010

life: april 2010

{a day late.}

. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever have time to do anything again! It's amazing how adding one kid can make it significantly harder to find 10 minutes to yourself that doesn't involve dishes, cleaning, picking up toys, etc. But I know this stage doesn't last long so I'm enjoying it - knowing that hobbies and enjoying time with Wes will return.

. I'm very grateful Wes has a job and remind myself of that often because I find myself wishing he didn't have to travel so much. Unfortunately that's only going to get worse but like I said, very grateful he has a job he enjoys.

. Speaking of Wes' job . . . April is the month of annual meetings. So for the last 3 Sundays, we were able to join his co-workers for YUMMY steak dinners at Joe's Stone Crab at Caesars Palace. It was a nice little date night for us - 3 weeks in a row! Thanks to my parents for watching the boys.

. I'm enjoying watching my boys grow up and become friends and buddies.

. Looking forward to summer. And dreading our desert heat all at the same time.

. We still hunt for scorpions regularly. We have an older couple that lives next door and so Wes now kills them in their yard, too.

. Materity leave. What's that? I never took a break from the company management stuff I do. Only a break from needy clients. But they are now back in my life.

. I cleaned the garage & pantry in the last few weeks. Those were two areas that didn't get put away very well when we moved in but now they are organized and I'm enjoying it.

. I soooo have the decorating bug for our new house. But the downstairs is going to look very sparse for a long time so I guess I'll focus on the bedrooms! Ryan and Nate's rooms are almost done . . . photos coming soon.

. I'm loving cranberry apple crystal light these days.

. Ryan's thrush is back. And it's worse. But luckily it hasn't transferred back to me and he doesn't seem to be too bothered.

. Weight Watchers is a constant struggle. I have 10 more pounds to go to get me back to my pre-Ryan weight and then I need to lose a few more. :)

. However, being the biggest girl in my immediate family has it's perks when your mom/sisters clean out their closet. I'm the only one that can inherit the "too big" pile!

. I could do without the Vegas wind we've been experiencing.

. I can't believe I'm going to have a 3 year old this summer.

. I would give just about anything to have an Ikea close by.

. I am LOVING having a potty-trained 2.5 year old. AND he can pee standing up all by himself without making a mess! I'm so proud of him - he's doing great.

life is GOOD.

5 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

i loved reading this post this morning before i am off to wrestle two lambs in church by myself. sigh. i needed your comment about this stage not lasting long and enjoying time with (tony) will return. and applying it to my life.

can't wait to see pictures of the boys' rooms.

Alisha said...

Glad all is well in LV. Great job on WW...only 10 more pounds??? You are less than 3 months post partum. Maybe that's what I need to get those last 10 off.

laurel said...

Love this update - things are sounding wonderful!

Andrus Family said...

I'm starting to think getting time back doesn't ever happen and that this is not just a phase...seriously! The days end so quickly and I rarely get 10 minutes to myself. Oh well! Glad to hear Nate can pee standing up! Mil has the pee thing down, it's just the pooping in her pull-up that's still getting me...grrr.

Doreen Griffeth said...

Wow! You are amazing! You will LOVE knowing all of this about this time of your life some day!
Thanks for sharing! So proud of your big boy!
Love,
MOM G