Tuesday, June 1, 2010

life: may 2010

. my house alarm went off at 1am on a night that Wes was out of town. Talk about giving me a heart attack. Luckily, it was just the wind that opened the garage door slightly.

. we replaced our A/C units in our house. One of the "joys" of buying an older home, I guess. I almost cried paying that bill but hopefully we won't have to do that again for a long time.

. i take back my "i like newborns" comment. ryan is reminding me why this is my least favorite stage. i still love him to death - just not the stage.

. looking forward to a few summer getaways, our first being a week with the griffeth's at the lake in Alabama. we leave next week and i can't wait.

. i am realizing that having a baby in august gave me 10 months to get ready to be in a swimsuit. it's not going to be pretty this year, folks with only 3 months to prepare!

. somehow Wes lost over 20 pounds this month. I know, right? Makes me sick yet proud of him at the same time. I guess I'm just a little jealous.

. We are loving the library. Nate loves checking out books and my library card finally works online and I'm loving getting books for me, too.

. I'm addicted to grilling cheeseburgers. Delish.

. We've enjoyed new parks, story time at Malcolm Library and Town Square, Children's Museum and more.

. i am tired.

4 comments:

Laurel said...

that will be a great trip- and I would be VERY jealous if Ry lost 20 lbs. in a month too. Darn those men and their metabolisms! I guess they don't have the emotional and hormonal eating that women have to deal with.

The Skeehan Family said...

okay, if you only ate ONE meal a day and only HALF of said meal at that, you would lose 20 lbs. too! Sheesh Weston R. Although, his ability to say no to all the good stuff is amazing.

PS... if my alarm went off in the middle of the night with no Dan, I think I might have grabbed the kids, run out the door and called the police/my parents from the street.

I'm so NOT kidding. The fact that you figured out it was just the garage door is insanely impressive.

Doreen Griffeth said...

Come and we will give you rest! Hang in there!
Love,
MOM G

laurel said...

I hate how guys can lose weight so easily - Brad will be like "oh I think I'll stop drinking soda!" and lose 20 lbs. No fair.