Sunday, June 6, 2010

let the swimming begin

We've had fun in the water in the last few days.




On Wednesday night we decided that while our pool was still chilly - it was swimable.

So we had a little swimming get-together with a few friends from my old ward on Thursday morning for a little trial run and it was really fun! I was glad to see that Nate is still my little fish. Right when I got the boys in their beds for an afternoon nap - Sam called to see if she could come work on her tan in our backyard. Nate never did fall asleep so I let him back in the pool with his Aunt Sam later in the afternoon.

On Friday Nate got to swim with Wes when he got home from work while I got all of my yardwork done for the weekend.

On Saturday we spent a good chunk of the day in my parent's pool with my whole fam. My parents invited us over for a yummy lunch and time in the pool. It was time for Abbie & Daisy to go home for quiet time and since Ryan was still asleep inside we decided to stay. Kyle opted to stay with us and it was fabulous. He was sooooo good with Nate! They played and played in the pool. I offered Kyle a summer job of entertaining Nate!

I wasn't thrilled at the idea of having a pool but now that it's over 100 degrees outside - I'm loving it. I can see a glimpse of life in a few years when both kids can swim and life in the summer is GOOD.

Nate LOVES the pool. On Thursday he wanted to swim with his vest and floaties but by Friday he was done with the floaties and swimming all over the pool with just his vest. He's quite the little fish. Ryan was perfectly fine sitting in the water in the shade!

[thanks, ali for the photos]

2 comments:

Doreen Griffeth said...

Too fun! I am ready for some boys!!!
Love,
MOM G

Amander said...

I am jealous of you guys and all your pool time. I need a long weekend in your parents' pool.