Monday, April 6, 2009

all bundled up



We've been trying to get to the cabin for months now but the weather never cooperates. It finally did this weekend and we were able to spend the weekend all bundled up in the snow. I love to V I S I T the snow and freezing cold.

We met my parents up there on Friday afternoon. Sam joined us for the road trip which means you're always in for a good time. We even got to stop and eat at The Pizza Factory in St. George. One of the many "Utah foods" that I miss.



Saturday was really fun. The mountains are b e a u t i f u l all covered in snow - I found myself just staring out the windows a lot. It was quite the change of scenery from this desert we live in. We managed to watch the majority of conference in between a few adventures outside . . .



I thought FOR SURE Nate would love the snow. He's Mr. Adventurous so the thought never occured to me that he'd be terrified of it. {He liked playing in it when it snowed in Vegas a few months ago}. But, I thought wrong. He hated it. Something about our big, black sled scared him to death which made him scared of the snow, too. He was even scared while driving in the car on snow. He covered his eyes the entire time. He liked being outside as long as the sled was no-where to be seen. He loved having his hat, boots & gloves on!









My mom took Nate inside and he kept saying mama so I went in with them while Sam, Wes & my dad went sledding. They ended up near the meadow, sledding down a big road covered in snow. It started with Wes and Sam each going alone. Then Wes and Sam went together. And then they decided to come get me at the cabin so we could try all three of us going at once. Poor Wes had ALOT of weight on him! But I have to say it was awesome.







Here's a video of all three of us . . . Wes laid down on the bottom, then Sam, and then me.



I've been wanting to play in the snow all winter and I finally got my chance. It was so nice to be up there for a little break. Five adults to one toddler is a great ratio!

10 comments:

Alisha said...

You all are crazy! You actually make the snow look fun, but I'm definitely a lot like Nate in that it isn't my favorite thing! Glad you all had a good weekend.

Ali said...

I'm glad at least the big kids went sledding. Dad would have been heartbroken if the sled didn't get used. He's been dreaming of sledding at the cabin all year....

Doreen Griffeth said...

Looks like a FUN thing to visit and enjoy, but not live in!!!! Thanks for sharing the pics!
Love,
MOM G

Street Fam said...

Looks like so much fun! Nate looks so cute in his snow gear. Ben was scared of sledding his first time. I'm sure they'll grow out of it.

p.s. These is my words is my new favorite book. I couldn't put it down. Hope you like it.

katierose said...

that looks like SO much fun!

The Baker said...

how fun, I'm with Nate, I HATE the snow.

I LOVE that picture of you and Nate, so adorable. I'm glad you are feeling better.

The Skeehan Family said...

Ookay,

1. LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing Wes' laugh, that just brought a huge smile to my face.
2. That picture of you and Nate is priceless, especially the scowl he has on his face. Man, he must not have liked the snow!
3. The picture of him all bundled up on the porch belongs in a magazine. Seriously.

And ummmmm.... officially jealous.

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Looks like so much fun!! Your little guy is so handsome, and getting so big! Is your wife a professional photographer? Those are some awesome pictures! Take care Griff!

Sammy said...

I am glad everyone thinks my pictures are so great :-)

Lillie said...

FUN! I'm jealous--- we promised ourselves we'd take a trip to the snow this year...