Tuesday, April 21, 2009

nate gave me a black eye

Have you ever had a black eye from a 20-month old? I now have my first visible mama war wound from my little dude.

It was Sunday afternoon right after his nap. We play catch a lot so he's always throwing things. Nate was sitting next to me on the couch holding both Wes' phone and my phone. All of a sudden, he decided to throw my Blackberry at me. And it hit that bone right under my eye. Holy cow it was painful. Tears streamed down my face! Luckily it was a very innocent act so I couldn't get mad at him.

This picture is with make-up on so you can't totally tell that it's swollen and purple, but it is. I got quite a few double-takes today!

9 comments:

Brooke said...

OH, reading that just made me shudder :( So sorry. I think Noah has nearly blinded me numerous times. It's a good thing they are cute!

Becky Chatwin said...

Oh no! That must have HURT! I have never had a black eye courtesy of my kids, but David is a biter and I have received a few bruises from his sharp teeth! Definitely not the same as a black eye though!!!

Sammy said...

hmmmm.... if you ask me you deserved it :-)

Doreen Griffeth said...

Did he cry when you yelled? Nothing like crying along with a toddler!!! You still look GREAT!
Love,
MOM G

The Skeehan Family said...

Seriously? Seriously!? These kids never cease to amaze me.

Alisha said...

Probably won't be your last war wound from your little guy...that one hurts though!

Andrus Family said...

I've had Mil accidentally hit me with a cup before on the bridge of my nose, and I literally had to count to 10 before I looked at her cause I was going to freak...even though it was an accident. Gotta love our crazy kiddos!

Amy said...

i know how you feel. jeff bruised my chin by hitting me with the top of his head. it looked aweful. you did a really good job at covering it up though. you can bearly even tell you have a black eye in the picture. hope it heals fast. :)

Amander said...

Looks stunning on you, my dear.