Saturday, April 25, 2009

our weekend

Wes spent this weekend at home in Marietta, Georgia. During his senior year of highschool, his baseball team won the state and national championship. They are the only team in the state of Georgia to ever accomplish this so they honored the team on Friday night and had a little baseball reunion. It's times like this when our frequent flyer rewards come in handy! He had fun at the baseball reunion and got to spend some quality time with his parents which doesn't happen nearly enough. He even got to go out on the lake on the jet skis! Thank you Robert, Doreen & Jeff for being his personal chauffeur.


While Wes was gone, Nate and I kept ourselves busy. On Friday, I went to my parent's house around noon and put Nate down for his nap there. My mom was planning on being home all afternoon so she let me run errands alone while Nate slept! He took 45 minute naps all week and I think it caught up with him because he slept for 3.5 hours! It is amazing how much you can accomplish in 3.5 hours without your kiddos. I ran endless errands and he still wasn't awake so I went home, blared some music, and organized. It was amazing. Seriously, amazing. My mom/dad brought Nate to Cafe Rio where we met up with Ali & the girls and Sam for a yummy dinner and a Nielsen's I-cone for dessert.

Saturday involved my parent's house again. My brother-in-law Tripp has been out of town, too and so my parent's were watching Daisy for part of the day on Saturday. Nate and I decided to go over there so the cousins could play a little bit. Both Nate and Daisy took a nap and my mom, Sam & I ran to a fabric store I recently discovered (thanks Brooke!). It's a good thing I can't sew or else I'd spend a lot of money there! The kiddos woke up and played outside with grandma's sink. Despite getting absolutely soaked in their only set of clothes - all three kids had a good time.

{please don't mock my child's outfit. Half jammies, half polo shirt & a cowboy hat. It's what happens at our house on a Saturday afternoon.}

While Nate and Daisy were eating lunch, they both kept yelling "dada". Both of their dads travel alot and the kiddos definitely miss them.


When we weren't at my parent's house, we were . . .

Working on the golf swing.

Being silly.

And we went to church.

Yes, he's still obsessed with hats. He has one on almost all of the time. Nate let his cousin Spence borrow his cowboy hat and we recently got it back and he will not stop wearing it - even though it's way too small! Church is a challenge with no hat on!

12 comments:

Kelsey said...

He has grown SO much! Your parents sound like the funest grandparents around. Youre lucky! Does Wes get to stay home more now? And why do you call me brave on my blog? 4 living kids is crazy!

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

My stomach's rumbling just thinking about Nielsen's FC. When need to get together soon...but our lives get so crazy!!!

Alisha said...

Those are great pictures...Nate is so darn cute! We loved having Wes around, but can't wait to get the rest of you here in a little more than a month.

Alyssa Griffeth said...

WOW. Nate looks ADORABLE in all of those pictures! His little head in that cute red Gap hat is DARLING!

Amander said...

He's such a cute little kid - looks like a fun weekend!

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

I just love looking at your pictures...your little guy is so handsome! I hope everything is going well with you. Griff...I got a computer at home now so you can keep in touch monfangupo@gmail.com

The Skeehan Family said...

Those pictures are awesome. What a fun weekend you had! And I do not mock outfits, we have very similar days and sometimes they are the most fun :)

What a handsome little boy mr. naters is... claire cannot wait to smooch him again :)

Doreen Griffeth said...

What a fun weekend we had, but I could tell Weston missed his wife and Nate so much!!!! We did, too!!! Thanks for sharing the pics!
Love,
MOM G

Trisha said...

I LOVE the too small cowboy hat. Macie had several baby hats that she outgrew yet wanted to wear all the time around the same age as Nate. Their little melons grow so fast!

Julie T. said...

GREAT pictures!! Nate's personality shines in all those pictures. He is so cute!! I love running errands without my kids- I can get to like five places in the same time as one with my kids. Yeah for grandparents!!

Bella Beginnings said...

He is seriously so cute! How great that your mom watched him. You can get so much done in 3.5 hours without kids!!! That is awesome!

Tina said...

Such cute photo's I love the one in his Sunday clothes he has such a cute expression.