Monday, April 6, 2009

this time we were missing Laurel Plewe . . .



Last week our dear friends Laurel & Brad were in town so we met them and Trisha & Josh at The Melting Pot for dinner. Trisha and Laurel W. were two of my college roommates and they are still my dear friends so I always enjoy seeing them and their hubbies. We missed you, Laurel P. & Ryan!

I made the mistake of not eating very much during the day before we went to the Melting Pot. So I basically filled an empty stomach with a pot of cheese and chocolate. Not a good series of events. Whether it was that or whether I caught a flu bug, I got so sick! I finally kept food down on SATURDAY! I don't think I've ever been sick that many days in a row. And to answer the question that just popped in to your mind, no . . . I'm not pregnant. It was a crappy way to start the month of April after such a crazy March. But at least it's over now.

I got SO MUCH accomplished today - it was so nice to feel back to normal with some energy! Lets just say while the food was yummy at The Melting Pot, I'm not sure I'll be eating fondue anytime soon.

9 comments:

laurel said...

oh my goodness that is horrible!! i am so sorry! there's nothing worse - ugh....

it was great to see you though!

katierose said...

oh good heavens! 5 days of that! i am so, so sorry, but i'm glad to hear you're doing better!

Kelsey said...

Oh no! We like the melting pot but only for dessert. The food isnt that good for the $120 bill that comes. I'd rather have a good steak at our local fav. place but the environment is sure fun. Since youre there forever, its a good thing to like the people you are there with! =) ha ha!

The Skeehan Family said...

I'm thinkng healthy thoughts (for both of us)

Brooke said...

and.. he if Nate doesn't cooperate then we will just reschedule and hang out! ;) Was the melting pot awesome? I hear it's quite the place.

Brooke said...

lol.. and yes, pregnancy did pop into my mind!

Laurel said...

Hi guys...sad I had to miss the partay! Hopefully we can make it happen with all 4 of us sooner than later.

Unknown said...

So sorry you were sick for so long! I'm glad you are feeling better.

Trisha said...

What a bummer you got sick. I had no idea. It was great to see you guys though!