Sunday, November 6, 2011

Wes had a birthday.

Amidst all of the recent craziness, Wes turned 31 on October 25th!

Unfortunately, his actual birthday was kind of uneventful as far as birthday celebrations go. 

- I was still not feeling well from the bizarre sickness that ran through our house & it was the day of the trunk-or-treat that I was coordinating so I was a little busy.

- So we did Yogurtland with my family the night before and we opened presents on his birthday but that was about the extent of it.   Luckily the PBR is one of Wes’ favorite events of the year and it’s always the week of his birthday.

- I managed to muster up enough energy to make him his favorite birthday cake [homemade chocolate chip applesauce cake] but the recipe I was following didn’t have chocolate chips listed in the ingredients so I didn’t add them before I frantically threw the cake in the oven to pick Ryan up so he’d stop screaming.  I know, you’d think I’d remember an ingredient in the TITLE of the cake, but I didn’t.  I had to throw the “it’s the thought that counts” card on this one.  I’ll re-make him one eventually!

- I still owe him a birthday breakfast at The Cracked Egg.

He did however get many birthday wishes so thanks for that!  Nothing was going my way, that’s for sure.

Wes is ADORED by his two little boys.  They ask for dad a lot – especially Ryan.  With his travel schedule, they sometimes go a little while without seeing dad so they get pretty excited when he actually comes home from work!  They can be found staring out the window waiting to see his car.  And I’ve got to get Ryan’s excitement on video when he finally spots the little silver corolla pull in to the driveway.

boys waiting for dad to come home (1 of 1)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Weston R.  We sure do love you!

1 comment:

Doreen Griffeth said...

Nothing like a BUSY birthday! Get use to it! They continue to come and go, so enjoy them when you can!
Love,
MOM G

We LOVE you!