Saturday, November 12, 2011

Time with NATE.

I got some quality [and much needed] time with Nate this weekend.  We’ve had a long week in our house & Nate and I needed some time without Mr. Ryan. 

A few months ago, my friend Laurel posted about the “filling of jars” for good behavior.  Once the jar was full, they got to pick something out that they’ve been wanting for a while.  I was looking for something to help me with Nate and his behavior so I found him a jar and some pom pom balls and away we went.  Typically he just has to fill it up once to get to pick something out but I’ve been wanting to take him to Build-a-Bear [I knew he’d love it] but that’s a pretty big outing so he had to fill up his jar two times to get to go there. 

nate and his full jar (1 of 1)

He was SO good and filled it up the first time in a week.  I didn’t know he had such good behavior in him!  Round two took significantly longer but he did it.

As soon as Wes walked in the door from the golf course on Friday [Veterans Day] Nate and I headed to Build a Bear and it did not disappoint.  He loved it.  He has a side that is very nurturing and loves to take care of things so he’s loving his bear.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen him so excited about something, actually!  He couldn’t wait to show my entire family.  The bear’s initial name was Santa Griffeth but by the end of the night his official name is Light Bear since he has light spots on his ears. 

nate stuffed his bear (1 of 1)

nate washing his bear (1 of 1)

bear in car seat (1 of 1)

And of course, the outfit he picked for Light Bear?  Spiderman.

------

The rest of our quality time together was spent at his preschool friend Paige’s birthday party, running a few errands [errands are a piece of CAKE with just a 4 year old tagging along!] and at 2 volleyball games.  My highschool volleyball coach [who is now a friend] still coaches at my highschool and she’s fabulous.  They were in the state tournament this weekend and the WON the state championship!  It was fun to be there to watch.

n and mom at state championship vball game (1 of 1)

It was a fun weekend with Nater Taters!

2 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

LOVE this post. Thank you!

Doreen Griffeth said...

So fun! What great parents!
Loved the pictures from such a fun activity.
Love,
MOM G