Monday, November 14, 2011

Nate’s realization.

My boys fight.  A lot. 

But tonight – for a half hour right after they got out of the tub and it wasn’t quite bedtime – they played.  Nate initiated a fun game where they ran a pretend race from Nate’s room all the way down the hallway to my room where Ryan jumped in to my arms as I folded laundry.  They did it over and over laughing & holding hands.

About halfway through – Nate says this in a shocked tone of voice:

“Mom – this  is really great that I’m being so nice to Ryan.  It’s actually really fun to play with him!”

And at the end of playing for 30 minutes without a single tear, he says:

“Mom – me and Ryan have never done this before!”

Too bad Wes was out of town and didn’t get to witness this!

3 comments:

The Skeehan Family said...

hahahahaha!! I LOVE IT. LOVE IT. LOVE IT. That is simply awesome.

Alyssa Griffeth said...

Haha! It sounds like your boys are EXACTLY how my girls are. We just had one of these moments tonight too, and it was FABULOUS!

Doreen Griffeth said...

Amazing!!!! Let's hope it continues!
Love,
MOM G