Sunday, January 9, 2011

an update on my sunbeam.

Yesterday we had our “Meet your Teacher Breakfast” with our primary kiddos.  For a Presidency who had yet to do a big Primary party – I think it went pretty well.  I’m VERY glad that we asked one parent of each 2011 sunbeam to join us because my sunbeam looked like this 90% of the party.

nate crying (1 of 1)

I have no clue why he just melts down when it comes to primary.  The only thing I can think of is that he’s intimidated by that many kids and that he doesn’t do well when things aren’t what he expects.  Oh, and that mom isn’t available because I’m doing my calling during primary.  But whatever the reason – Wes & I are hoping he gets over it soon!  This isn’t like him to be this emotional all of the time. [Well, and he got about 3 hours less sleep the night before the party which is never good for anyone in our house!]

Here are a few of the 10% of where Nate was happy!

[nate and his fellow sunbeam and friend, Carter]

nate and carter (1 of 1)

[we took pictures of each kid dressed as someone from the scriptures.  Here’s Nate as a stripling warrior!]

nathan griffeth (1 of 1) 

How did today go at church?  Well, he still had quite the meltdown but actually sat with his class for half of sharing time and all of class time which is a SIGNIFICANT improvement from last week.  But we’re hoping for no tears one of these Sundays.  Sheesh Naters.  You’re killing me.

Ryan and I went in to nursery for a brief moment to help out a little today and Ryan LOVED being with the kids and playing with the toys!  He was already a bully – pushing little Madeline [who is a year older but weighs the same as Ryan] away from the slide.  And then it was downhill from there for poor little Ryan.

I’m really grateful that I’m LOVING our Sunday mornings at home because the actual hours from 1pm-4pm at church are rough . . . but at least the mornings are nice!

3 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

WHAT A GREAT IDEA for a primary to do a meet the teacher party. And pictures of your favorite scripture hero.... awesome!

that first picture of nate kills me. :)

Doreen Griffeth said...

It has to get better! Alisha was this way. Let's hope the novelty wears off!
Love,
MOM G

J-Leav said...

I thought we did better than pretty good! If we do any better, we're going to start getting calls from Salt Lake!