Sunday, January 2, 2011

“jesus wants me for a sunbeam”

funny face (1 of 1)

or sunBEEP if you’re nate.

He’s been soooo excited all week to get to go with the big kids to primary.

 laughing (1 of 1)

tongue out 2 (1 of 1)

But then he freaks out about being a sunbeam knowing that I’m in the primary room and insists on sitting with me and whining the entire sharing time.  I tried and tried to get him to sit with his class but he wasn’t having it and I had too much to do to continue to fight with him.  So he sat with me in the back.

Then it was time to go to classes and he still wouldn’t go so he continued to sit with me in the back [Ryan was a MESS since 1pm church is his nap time so Wes went right home at 3pm to put him to bed] until he realized that I wouldn’t let him do ANYTHING fun if he wouldn’t go to class.  With about 15 minutes to spare, he told me he wanted to go to class and of course had a blast.

I actually really enjoyed our casual morning at home . . . the kids played well and it was really nice to just be at home without having to rush out the door or get something done right away.

But I’m really glad the church part is over.  The boys were rotten [I don’t blame Ryan for that one . . . poor guy just wants his bed at that hour] and the first Sunday of the year in Primary is slightly hectic.  The highlight of my day was seeing Brityn Smith [our primary first counselor] walk in the building right after sacrament meeting.  She got home earlier than planned from vacation – ran inside and changed clothes – and came to church.  She was my saving grace today [and Aunt Ali for taking Ryan for me at church].

Fingers are crossed for my sunbeam next week.

12 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

oh nate would have liked our house at christmas... our elf on the shelf was named BEEP by addison.

i am really really excited about this primary thing. crossing fingers for a smoother 2nd sunday of the year.

Lauren said...

No. Way! Not that I've ever met the adorable Mr. Nate, but I feel like he's the same age as my kids and they are SO not ready to be Sunbeams. I'm sure he'll get used to it and love it.

And yes, 1pm church is awful!! We just got 9am church and I'm loving it. Not the mad rush in the morning when Greg is in meetings, but the well behaved, well rested 2 year-olds sitting in my row. Adding #3 will be difficult, though...

Doreen Griffeth said...

Nothing like a clingy child when you have so much to do!!!
Hang in there! The class will win out!
Love,
MOM G
He makes a very handsome Sunbeam!

Ali said...

Daisy can't wait until her best friend comes to Sunbeams but until then, she met a new friend who doesn't where her seatbelt...yikes. Playdates will be at our house for awhile for sure!

Alisha said...

So funny!

Adam and Bri said...

it's been way too long since i checked your blog! so many fun updates.

and i hear you on 1 p.m. church. we just switched to 9 a.m., and for the first time in my life i think that's heaven. :)

J-Leav said...

BRITYN?!?! MY HERO! I'm so sorry I wasn't there. What a RELIEF that she was.

Julie T. said...

We're just changing from 1pm to 9am. It was a really hard adjustment for us to say the least! Chris wasn't home and I was a good half hour late to sacrament meeting! Also, I loved having a few hours on Sunday to finish my sharing time stuff if I needed it. However, the nap thing for Ridge was hard every Sunday of the year. I hope everyone can adjust:)

laurel said...

So cute! It was Ashton's first week too. I am in there, also, and he was so excited to be there...but he kept getting up and coming over to me to tell me things: "Mom, we're singing I am a child of God!", "Mom, I'm sitting by my friend Davis!", etc. It was cute but hopefully he'll eventually stay in his seat :)

familyof4 said...

Too funny!! I'm the first counselor in our primary and Lauren did the same exact thing. I did however manage to get her to go to class and she had a blast too. Also, it turns out not only was she being clingy but she had an ear infection.

Better luck next week!

Camille said...

Wow, Nathan is huge now. A sunbeam?! Crazy. That is older than Carlaya was when we were there. You're boys are absolutely handsome! You make good ones ;) Now for a girlie! LOl

katierose said...

you got some great shots of nate! and boy do i hate to chuckle at your VERY hectic day, but this post did have me chuckling. 1 pm church SUCKS!!!! we are at 1 now too, so i can TOTALLY relate. i hope it gets better...