Monday, January 31, 2011

POTD

ryan nebulizer (1 of 1)

The doctor confirmed it this morning – Ryan has been hit with RSV. 

His poor little face is a total mess.  His eyes look like he’s dying from an allergy attack – he can barely open them at times.  His nose is gushing boogers.  And his mouth stays wide open all day so he can breath which means he drools all day.  His shirts are soaked.

But he did great with his first breathing treatment.  The nebulizer sound is second nature in our house so the machine didn’t freak him out at all.  He watched Baby Einstein and sat on his dad’s lap like a champ.

I feel so bad for this kid.  He looks absolutely miserable.

7 comments:

J-Leav said...

Oh Ryan! I'm so sorry linds. This is heartbreaking. If there is anything I can do, or get you let me know

Melissa Snyder said...

So sorry to hear that Ryan has it now. I hope that it will pass quickly. He looks like a champ to sit there during the breathing treatments. Good luck this week!

mrs. timberlake said...

oh jeeze.

so sorry.

i loved that you took nate to see tangled though! good for you for getting out of the house to feel "normal" for a minute.

hang in there~

leigh and spencer said...

Poor little man! That stinks and I was just being so thankful the other day that we've only had to pull that machine out 1 TIME this winter for each kid. I hope he gets better soon and we are praying for him to get over this quick!

Andrus Family said...

What a sad little picture - makes me want to just cuddle him!

Lillie said...

Oh my gosh poor guy. So sorry for him! This winter has been relentless.

Doreen Griffeth said...

So sad! Glad to hear you had a good night last night!
Better days are ahead. It really makes you appreciate the good days with kids!
Love,
MOM G