Tuesday, January 11, 2011

a fabulous book.

I just finished this almost-900-page book and I absolutely loved it. It's in my top three favorite books, for sure. Thanks to Ali for not only the recommendation but for letting me borrow your book for a really long time!

I can't wait to read another one of his - London.


It's basically a history of New York from the beginning up until September 11. It's a historical fiction novel but Rutherford really gets his facts accurate after alot of research. I learned a lot and enjoyed the fictional part of it, too.
I highly recommend it.

6 comments:

laurel said...

Ok now I definitely need to read it. And you definitely need another visit out here...call it follow-up research :)

Nikki, Cody, and Tessa said...

I've been wanting a new read. This might be it.

Amander said...

Hm, I'll have to try that one out. Is his London book the one Sam read? I think I remember her loving that book, but also cursing it.

Ali said...

Well, that doesn't narrow it down. What book hasn't Sam cursed? But that's the one alright. Will be tackling it this summer. These seem to be good summer reads.

Glad you liked New York. Thought you might. I especially enjoyed the portion surrounding the Revolutionary War.

Anya said...

Really??? Now I feel inclined to read it. What if I miss out on something amazing by not reading it? But lugging around 900 pages?? That could take me all year?! oh the drama of reading. :)

The Skeehan Family said...

Hmmm... ok... it'll be purchased, although knowing me dan will have a go first :)