Sunday, May 31, 2009

nate - the fish



Our summer of swimming started about three weeks ago when my parents started heating their pool. From day one, Nate has loved the water. He is fearless {which I love but it also scares me a little} because he'll just jump right on in. Wes comes with us every Saturday to swim for a little while. Every Saturday & a few times a month I put Nate down for a nap there and I enjoy a little time on a raft in the pool. I love summer.

Nate and Hadley started swimming lessons last week. It's pretty basic but he's enjoying it. He blows bubbles, kicks his feet, does big arms, loves being thrown in the air and loves jumping off the side of the pool. When the lesson is over, our teacher lets the kids walk around in the shallow kid area and that's his favorite. He gets cold really easily so after a while he says "mama, towel" so we get out and get warm.

Nate doesn't just love the pool. He loves getting wet in his sink, running through the sprinklers, going down slides in to little kid pools, etc. I sometimes wonder if he was meant to be a fish.

Here are a few photos from Hadley's 2nd birthday party over the weekend. Nate had fun with his buddy! Luckily Hadley was OK with Nate & Riley helping her open presents and blow out candles. Happy Birthday, Had!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun. I really want to take Carson swimming, but haven't yet. BTW I added a 7th grade picture to my journal blog. =)

Alyssa Griffeth said...

Olivia is the same way these days. Each time we take her swimming, she gets more and more confident...We are to the point that she scares me a little, but I'm glad I don't have to bribe her to get into the water. :) We start swimming lessons tomorrow and I'm anxious to see how she does.

Doreen Griffeth said...

He will love the lake and the pools!!! Can't wait to get him here this weekend!
Love,
MOM G

The Skeehan Family said...

Bless pools and all things water, that is all I have to say. And Hadley looks absolutely darling, I might add.