Sunday, May 3, 2009

a summer girl



I am a summer girl. I don't necessarily love 115 degree summers, but i L O V E all of the other things summer brings.
I love walking around barefoot. Playing in the sand. Going to the beach. Snowcones. Swimming. More swimming. Running through the sprinklers. Being tan. Shorts & a t-shirt. Flip flops. BBQ's. Afternoons spent in my parent's backyard. Laying on a raft in the pool with a good book. Mornings at the Multi-Gen activity pool. Slurpees. Water parks. The lingering smell of chlorine. Corn on the cob. Fresh fruit.
And what I love most of all about summer? SUMMER VACATIONS. We got lucky in this category. Both Wes' family and my family get together for a week every summer for a vacation. And we get to go to Hawaii again alone with Wes' work in July. I can't WAIT for all three vacations.
Nate is at a great age this summer to go out and have fun. I'm glad summer is here.

8 comments:

Sammy said...

afternoons in the rents backyard are what i live for.

Teisha said...

I love summer too! I can't believe what amazing trips you guys get to go on! I have somehow managed to miss all family trips due to pregnancies like Hawaii cruise and Greece. Isn't my family nice to plan around me lol!

Doreen Griffeth said...

Can't wait to have you enjoy a piece of summer here in Georgia!
Love,
MOM G

Julie T. said...

You are lucky people!! I also love summer- I am looking forward to many of the things that you listed:)

Becky Chatwin said...

Mmmmm....Slurpees! I haven't had one for so long. Sounds like you guys have a fun and full summer!

mrs. timberlake said...

After we spoke yesterday and I know you are an SPF 30 girl... I can support your summer ventures.

Here's to floating on a raft in the hot AZ/NV sun!

!Cheers!

Melissa Snyder said...

Could Nate be any cuter? I love the picture on the top of your blog Lindsay. What a handsome little guy. I love summers too. They don't last long here in Idaho but when they are here we love them.

Adam and Bri said...

oh my goodness. that picture of nate in your header is ridiculously adorable. so cute!