Friday, August 8, 2008

Nate's First Birthday Party - Part One



We had a little party this week for Nate’s first birthday. We invited family and a few close friends over for a BBQ and swimming to celebrate Nate’s first year of life. My cousins were in town from Virginia so they got to come, too. My Uncle Allan kept telling me the party was partly for me because I survived my first year of motherhood!




We kept the party simple. Food. Swimming. Balloons. Cake & Icecream. That's all ya need to have a good time. I hope everyone had fun but I know Nate did. He loved having his friends and family there to play with him. He was a happy dude the entire night and loved the attention!

We'll start with the yummy part: The Cake! My friend Megan made Nate's little cake and the cupcakes. I love polka dots so that's what we went with. I thought they turned out really cute. Thanks Megan!






Sam was in charge of taking pictures and she did such a good job of taking pictures while Nate was eating his cake that I can tell a full story with the 100 photos she took of just that! So . . . here's a picture of Nate eating his cake. Full story to come on another post! Lets just say he LOVED it.





Here are the cute kiddos eating their cupcakes . . .


Nate's buddy, Hadley


Macie Lee



The Earl boys: Ikey & Noah


SWIMMING. I've always loved a pool party!

The birthday boy enjoying the pool with his dad. He loves these goggles! This picture cracks me up because it's totally him. Such a goofball.


Wes and my cousin, Connor.


Nate's cousin, Abbie


Braden & Connor, cousins


Nate and Abbie playing in the sprinkler toy.


Just hanging out . . .

our good friends, the McDonalds.


Uncle Jerry & my parents with Naters


Tripp & Daisy


BALLOONS. Every kid seems to love balloons.










A sand shovel for all the little ones who came to Nate's party . . .



Nate getting a head start on playing with his new toys! He's one lucky kid to have such nice friends and family.

17 comments:

Alyssa Griffeth said...

How fun! The cake and the party favors looked adorable! I'm glad Nate had a fun time. Happy Birthday, NATE!

Ali said...

You're right...Trisha and Anya are going to kill you. NOBODY wants to be featured on a blog when they are pregnant in the pool.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Trisha can be mad. But Anya featured me on her blog last summer at Noah's birthday party and I looked TERRIBLE. At least Anya looks good.

Julie T. said...

So much fun!! I LOVE that cake! Does your friend have a little business? I would love to have her make some birthday cakes for me!!
Nate looks like he had fun- he is too cute!
And Trisha and Anya are cute prego ladies:)

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Nate! What great pictures! I love the cake! Tell Sam congrats on the temple. I wish we were there with everyone.

Doreen Griffeth said...

Thanks for sharing! I've been dying to see the big day! What a special boy! You really made it special!
Love,
MOM G

Hillary said...

Wow Lindsay what a great party!! I love the invite, cake, and all the party favors! Great job!

Unknown said...

What a fun party! The cake and cupcakes were so cute. Happy birthday Nate!!!

laurel said...

Soooooo fun! Wish I could have celebrated with you guys! Happy first birthday Nate!

Kelsey said...

Summer parties are the best! What a handsome boy. Save him for one of my little gals. It's ok to marry younger, right? ha ha. Happy Birthday big man. I can't believe it's already been a year. Yeah!

Camille said...

Holy cow!! I can't believe he is one already!! What a cute lil' man you have though. He really is a doll. Looks like a cute lil' party as well. The 1st is just the begining of the fun!
Congrats to you too, Motherhood doesn't get harder OR easier- just different with each year. (but if I had to choose, I'd say Harder!) LOL

Sammy said...

Hmmmmm.... what good pictures you have of the party. I wonder who your photographer is.

Brooke said...

You know how to throw a party Lindsay, woohoo! The pictures are beautiful. Happy Bday Nate!

Trisha said...

LINDSAY JANE, take that picture OFF!!! I can't believe you! I didn't even know you took that picture. At least Anya is hidden in the pool, but me, oh no, full fat pregnant lady in a swimsuit. There may be some not-so-pleasant pictures resurfacing on my blog if you want to play this way. At least Macie looks cute. She had so much fun at the party. Thanks for inviting us. I can't ever get over that cute little Nate. What a fun kid!

Lillie said...

You are unreal--- WHAT a party. Sophia ate a boxed-mix cupcake in her highchair with us and Ross' parents (who happened to be in town.) Maybe I'll follow your ex. for Mila. It looked AMAZING. And I went backwards so now I realize your friend made that gorgeous cake. Do you know how she did those great polka dots? Just cut circles out of fondant? SO cute.

Anya said...

I missed the prego photo.... no need to put it back on, but these comments worry me...

Tina said...

The first birthday is so much fun they don't know what is going on and we make a big tado and they go crazy with the cake. Great fun for everyone. Happy Birthday Nate you're going to have lots of cousins to play with next summer at the Reunion