Friday, June 27, 2008

twenty seven

I don't know why but I specifically remember being 13 or 14 years old when my cousin Courtney turned 27 and I thought, "wow, 27 is O L D." It's a good thing my perspective has changed ~ I can't wait to be in my 30's!

So yes, I turned 27 today. It's been a G R E A T day. Nate slept in. Which means Wes & I got to sleep past 6:30am. Some friends took me to a great lunch. THANKS GIRLS. My family had Metro Pizza, cake/icecream & swimming at my parent's house tonight. THANKS FAM. And thanks to all of you for the many phone calls, emails & F U N birthday packages! You all seriously read my mind with books I've been wanting to read, a bag I can't wait to use, adorable framed photos, home decor I've been eyeing for months and fabulous gift cards. I am so B L E S S E D to have such thoughtful friends and family. I even have nice clients who delivered cupcakes from the cupcakery! YUM.


{abbie after eating cake. she even sang "happy birthday" to me. so cute!}


{my lil' sis eating OUR birthday cake. She didn't get one a few weeks ago so I shared}

And in between all of that I was packing for H A W A I I ! We leave for the airport in one hour! I managed to get Nate all packed and in bed at my parent's house. As of yesterday he had a 102.5 temperature and a double-ear infection. He woke up without a fever so I'm hoping the strong antibiotics are kicking in (the weak ones didn't work) and that my parents can enjoy a healthy baby for a week. We are all packed so we're trying to clean our house as fast as we can. It's amazing what you can accomplish in 2 hours without a baby! I love coming home from vacation to a clean house. I have to say, it's wierd being at home without Nate. I hope he remembers us by the time we see him again. It will be a nice break but I'm sure gonna miss that kid.
And so, we're off on our next Griffeth family summer adventure. I'll be thinking of you all as I read a book on a beach sipping my banana coconut smoothie. See ya in a week!

12 comments:

Doreen Griffeth said...

Have a great trip!!! Happy Birthday to amazing Lindsay!!!
Can't wait to hear about the trip!
Love,
MOM G

laurel said...

Oh I am so jealous!! A kid-free vacation to Hawaii - doesn't get much better than that! Have the best time and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Alyssa Griffeth said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, and have a FABULOUS vacation!

(p.S.- I couldn't agree more about coming home from vacation to a super-clean house. I am the EXACT same way!)

The Roe Family said...

just one word comes to mind
JEALOUS

Tina said...

Have a great time. We'll be thinking of you. Thank goodness for your mom that Nate is now sleeping though the night.

Teisha said...

I just realized your birthday is one day after mine! Happy Birthday! I can't wait to see all the pics of Hawaii, so jealous especially with this crazy heat. I hope you have a wonderful time!

Julie T. said...

I don't think I want to read your blog anymore because it makes me way too jealous!!!! just kidding- I love hearing about all your fun trips:) I hope you had a great birthday and have so much fun in Hawaii!

katierose said...

oh-so-jealous! i hope you have an amazing trip. i can't wait to hear all about it!!! i've been missing you...hopefully i'll get to see you soon!

mrs. timberlake said...

27

is

y - o - u - n - g

Lillie said...

Your thoughtful friends.... oh boy. I remembered like every day last week.... and then FORGOT!!!!!!!!!! I'm so sorry. I'm so embarassed. I'm so glad you had a happy happy birthday. I'll be calling soon.

Lillie said...

And, holy cow-- you're in Hawaii right now. I'm SOOOO jealous. HAVE FUN!

Anya said...

Ummmmm..... ditto on Lillie's comment. All June I think to myself "Remember Lindsay's birthday.... remember Lindsay's birthday...." and then "Which day is Lindsay's birthday? 26th? 27th? 26th? 27th?" And then you do back to back to back trips?!?! I can't keep up with you! I owe you a night out. And your stinkin present has been sitting on my dining table for 2 weeks.