Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Adios Ryan, Leslie & Millie

Three of our favorite people are leaving Las Vegas tomorrow morning.
Our good friends, Ryan, Leslie & their baby girl Millie, are returning to good ol' SLC tomorrow. We moved in to our ward about 2.5 years ago at the same time & we've been friends ever since. I swear we were the only two couples in our ward without any kids so we kinda stuck together. Leslie and I have been in young women's together the entire time, too which made my calling even more fun.
We spent A L O T of time with them over the past few years...Countless dinners when cooking for four was easier than cooking for two, endless rounds of Hearts, a trip to Dana Point, lots of shopping (sorry Ryan) and just hanging out. I think it's rare to find friends where both the wives and the husbands get along so well. Thanks guys for letting me invite myself over so many times when Wes was gone!
It's been pretty funny at church and ward functions because everyone asks us, "what are you going to do without your sidekicks?" I'll let you know after tomorrow. :)
We'll miss you guys! I expect frequent blog updates so we can see Miss Millie grow up. Hopefully we'll see you both soon. Travel safe!

8 comments:

Doreen Griffeth said...

We wish them the best! It is fun to have couples that "grow into parenthood" together! I am sorry we never met Millie!
Best wishes!
MOM G

laurel said...

That's sad! Our best friends here are moving to Chicago this summer and I couldn't be more upset about it.

mrs. timberlake said...

I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS! Mike and Liz abandoned us, but then they came back! What's that saying, if you love something set it free... I am just kidding, that is a totally lame reference in this situation.

Alex said...

So sad to lose them! :(

Lindsay, your blog is so funny. I just read the one about Nate eating. That is so what I'm going through. They just HAVE to do it themselves! Harrison will still eat babyfood, (he loved the peach cobbler you gave him :) but he grabs the spoon out of my hand and tries to feed himself. Ya, his aim isn't so good. It's hilarious, but very sticky and VERY time consuming. After an hour and a half, Im like, "DO I EVER GET TO EAT?!?" lol!

Rissa and Jared said...

lindsey, your blog, your family, your whole life is adorable! thanks for the invite.

Kiley said...

Just so you know, long distance relationships work out so tell Nate not to worry about Millie! She'll always love him!!!

Camille said...

I totally forgot they were moving! How sad, specially for you. I hate moving away from good friends and I am only the other side of town from some of mine!

Andrus Family said...

That was such a nice post Lins! We already miss you guys tons!! We are losers in our ward, and I even have a kid this time...haha. Ryan is already scoping couples out to see if they can be our replacement Griffeths, but it's not looking so good. Come visit soon!!!