Friday, April 18, 2008

Me....impulsive?

I think I may win the award for "most indecisive". Wes will agree with me on that one. However, about a week ago I kinda surprised myself when I posted our entire five piece, Crate & Barrel, bedroom set on Craigs List without thinking about it for more than a few minutes.

Let me back up, my parents recently sold their condo in Utah because they are building a cabin. The rooms at the cabin aren't very big so Wes' and my king bed at the Utah house isn't going to work as our bed at the cabin. So, when my parents said it was available for the taking the wheels in my head started turning. That's when I impulsively posted our bedroom furniture on Craigs List. This is the set we got right when we got married. It's dark wood, beautiful furniture that I still quite like but I have a love of furniture so I was kinda excited to get a new room without having to really pay much. What did I have to lose, right?
Well, I got lucky again on good ol' Craigs List because I sold it tonight. Wes just got home from delivering it! And the best part is I sold it for the asking price! Since we are inheriting the headboard and footboard from the "Utah house".... I have just enough money to buy new nightstands and a new chest of drawers without it costing me a dime! You can't beat that! I'm pretty excited.
Our master bedroom is always the room that gets neglected until the rest of the house is put together. So now, after 2.5 years in this house, I think it's time to paint our room and actually have a put together master bedroom. A little retreat, if you will. And maybe this time around we'll actually get a comforter. We've used hand-me-downs until now! I think I'm most excited about new bedding.
Here's what our furniture used to look like. I'll show you what our new room looks like when it's all done.

8 comments:

mrs. timberlake said...

Oh how i wish we were the recipients of Wes's delivery.

Lucky them, and lucky you for getting a NEW bedroom retreat.

Liz just got a new bed and it has totally transformed her master suite. You'll have to wander over to her blog.

Alyssa Griffeth said...

I am soooo jealous! I loved your bedroom set and wish that I lived closer to you and could have bought it from you. I totally know what you mean about the master bedroom getting neglected. That is DEFINITELY the case with our house!

I have learned to love craigslist also, and have sold a few things recently too! It feels like free money!

Megan said...

yeah for you! I can't wait to see new pics of your room. Craigslist can be addicting....just ask my husband!(although he's not the one selling anything!haha)

Kelsey said...

Fun! Can't wait to see the final results. What color are you thinking of painting?

Andrus Family said...

You're the luckiest person I know!

Alisha said...

Sounds like another project! I'm glad you enjoy it. I can't even imagine enjoying a project like that, but I know it will look great for you and Wes! Maybe someday I can afford to hire you!

Unknown said...

I love Craigslist!!

The Skeehan Family said...

Can't wait to see the final product - ooh ooh!!!!!!!!!!!