Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Fast Forward through today

I wish I could hit fast forward through today.

Not sure what's going on with Nate. He has diarrhea and is throwing up. This is the first time I've seen him throw up. It's awful to watch your baby puke. Poor little thing. It was gushing out of his nose, too.

To top it off, my wonderful genes came back to haunt me over the weekend. I've always had a bad back but sometimes it really kicks my butt and hurts. I'm not sure what I did to it but over the weekend it started killing me. Shooting pains...constant pain....to the point where almost every move hurts. I have an appointment with the doctor next week so hopefully the pain either goes away by then or he has some amazing treatment that will make me better. It's bad enough when it's just me but carrying 20 pounds around all day isn't helping either.

Today is the first day I wish I could "call in sick" from being a mom. But, that's definitely not how this parenting thing works.

8 comments:

Andrus Family said...

Oh no, that is not fun! I'm so sorry he is sick. Let me know if you need anything...even if it's some Golden Spoon!

Andrus Family said...

PS - As you can see, work isn't too bad today, thank goodness!!

Ali said...

It's going around. Abbie had it a week and a half ago, Daisy had it for a few days last week and Tripp and Kyle had it Monday. Luckily, it only lasts about 24 hours (except in Daisy's case). Tomorrow should be a much better day.

Doreen Griffeth said...

Take care! I would rather be sick anyday than have my child sick!
I hope you feel better, too!
Love,
MOM G
I wish I was there to help!

mrs. timberlake said...

just make sure little nate a rooski keeps some liquids in him. addison got dehydrated when she had the pukes and it wasn't pretty.

i am sorry you are going through this right now. :(

familyof4 said...

I'm So sorry! Make sure you keep Nate dehydrated with plenty of fluids. Pedialyte is great stuff if he keeps throwing up. (Lauren threw up for an entire weekend when she was 5 months old so we gave her pedialyte and she was fine and stayed hydrated.)

I hope your back get better.

Amander said...

That really sucks about your back pain! There is nothing more debilitating than that - especially carrying and picking up a baby. Hope you and Nate feel better soon!

Brooke said...

I'm so sorry Lindsay! What an awful day. Seeing your kid throw up is def. one of the worst things. They look at you with those puppy dog eyes that seem to say what is happening to me? Sorry about your back as well! Back pain is so debilitating. I wish I had some helpful advice for YOU! Let us know what the doc says.