Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Nate and I went to Phoenix.

Nate & I got to go to Phoenix for a “big kid” trip last weekend.  My dear friend Mimi lives there with her cute little family [she has 2 little girls pretty much the same age as my boys] and it was time for another visit.  I thought it’d be fun for some one-on-one time with Nate & I thought Mimi would enjoy some time with just Claire so Nate and I jumped on a plane to Phoenix and it was fabulous.  Traveling with ONE four year old is a breeze!  [Before I jump in to the trip – I have to give a big thanks to Mimi for being our photographer!  My camera battery was dead and I couldn’t find the charger so she snapped away.]

lindsay and mimi (1 of 1)

Right when they picked us up from the airport, Mimi took us to a darling Ice cream Parlor and Candy Shop called Churn.  I’m pretty sure I had some of the best ice cream I’ve ever had there and I had to purchase some of their delicious candy, too!  It was a great way to start our trip.  We then headed to the “choo choo park” that I’ve heard so much about over the years.  What a fabulous park complete with a train, a carousel and some pretty neat playgrounds.  The kids played and played in the FABulous weather and it was wonderful.  Of course on the train car they picked to ride on was the cattle car in the back and their over 6’ mamas had to squeeze in that little cage which I’m sure was hilarious to watch.

20120210-IMG_8893

20120210-IMG_8899

20120210-IMG_8929

20120210-IMG_8906

nate on playground (1 of 1)

nate playing in dirt (1 of 1)

claire and nate in dirt (1 of 1)

mimi and the girls (1 of 1)

We got to participate in their weekly “Pizza and a movie night” on Friday night where we watched Despicable Me.  Speaking of night time – let me just say that Nate’s sleeping was atrocious this trip!  He ended up sleeping in my bed and he is the craziest sleeper ever!

nate and mama in movie night (1 of 1)

Mimi & Claire let Nate and I pick Saturday’s activity and we picked the Phoenix Zoo.  It was just the big kids today [Sammy & Ryan got some quality time with their dads!] and we had a blast.  I think we were at the zoo for almost 5 hours before Mimi and I were tired out!  A few favorites from the Zoo: RIDING the CAMEL!, Nate walking everywhere with the Zoo map, snow cones, monkey village, watching the bear eat his “snack” out of a paper bag, playing in the old stationary jeep and enjoying being out on a beautiful day with our big kids.  And I have to say that the Phoenix Zoo is a fabulous zoo!  One of my favorites.

nate and his map (1 of 1)

20120211-IMG_9009-2

Nate thought it was pretty funny to ride around in the wagon like this.

nate lounging in wagon (1 of 1)

me pulling nate (1 of 1)

20120211-IMG_9024

20120211-IMG_9033

claire on camel (1 of 1)

mimi.claire.nate in jeep (1 of 1)

20120211-IMG_9044

crazy nate (1 of 1)

mimi and claire (1 of 1)

n and c feeding ducks (1 of 1)

nate and claire at zoo (1 of 1)

nate and claire with snowcones (1 of 1)

pinky promise (1 of 1)

20120211-IMG_9058

Nate brought all kinds of boy craziness in to the Skeehan household and Claire handled it superbly.  These two kiddos really had a good time together which was nice.  She was even genuinely excited to play the games they made up like “Fight Men” or “Pinch the Girl” – none of which I’ve ever heard of before! 

After church on Sunday we made Valentines T.shirts and the kids played a little more before we had to leave.  Nate loved all of the Skeehans but I think the dog, Tahoe may have won his heart.  He wants nothing more than a dog of his own.  As we were getting ready to leave for the airport Nate broke down in genuine tears so upset that he had to leave Tahoe – he already missed him.  I thought it was cute . . . when Mimi and Claire pulled away from the airport Claire got a tear in her eye and said “mom, do you already miss him?”  These two are buddies.

20120212-IMG_9093

I loved spending a weekend with one of my favorite people – Mimi and her cute family.  And it was so fun to go on an adventure with just Nate.  I’m a big believer in some one-on-one time and my boys sure got it last weekend!  As we were flying home I asked Nate where our next “big kid” adventure should be and he said Disneyland.  Little does he know . . . it really is.

Mr. Ryan had a blast with his dad while we were gone. 

5 comments:

Ali said...

I'm glad Nate and Taco had a good time together.

Alisha said...

Nate is looking so big!! Great pictures!

Unknown said...

How wonderful!! The pictures were beautiful, Mimi does such a great job.

Laurel said...

looks like a great trip...now come visit me! haha

Doreen Griffeth said...

Wow! You really know how to pack it in! Amazing. So glad you had so much fun!
Nate looks SO grown up!
Love,
MOM g