Saturday, February 25, 2012

golf with Papa Marz

Nate loves golf.  And lucky for him – his dad & Papa Marz love it, too. 

photo (1)

But Wes was out of town today so Nate had a date on the golf course with his Papa.

My dad recently joined a Country Club in town and Nate asked if he could go golfing and play tennis with him so my dad took him today.  For the last few days we’ve been talking a lot about golf and tennis etiquette and Nate has been looking forward to a fun outing.  For Christmas, my parents gave Nate a set of real little-kid golf clubs so he can actually learn with something other than a piece of plastic.  Nate was stoked to take them to the real golf course today!  My dad called me on the way home and was ranting and raving about what a great golfer Nate is.  I may have to tag along on the next golf adventure to see it myself.  I guess he hit the ball about 75 yards with his driver and continuously hit the ball really well.   A few of my dad’s friends were there and they came over and were shocked at his swing.  Who knew?

They were supposed to play a little tennis, too but apparently they were on the driving range for quite a while and by the time they got off all of the courts were taken so they went inside and had lunch instead. 

And somehow Nate conned Papa in to an ice cream cone on the way home.

Nate hasn’t lost site of his score card and little pencil all day.

2 comments:

The Skeehan Family said...

okay, that might be the cutest thing I've ever read. The next Tiger Woods maybe? Preferably without all the scandal, of course :)

Doreen Griffeth said...

What a life! I love it for him! He must have the genes!!!
Enjoy!
Love,
MOM G