Wednesday, February 1, 2012

lately . . .

Here’s a little of life via the camera phone.

The last few weeks . . . the kids have been beyond excited for their “grandma days”.  They spend Wednesdays with my mom while I go work with my dad and they’ve always enjoyed these days but lately by 8am they are begging me to leave already yelling “grandma!  grandma!” .  Today when I came to get them they were on their standard 1/2 mile walk around the block.  Yes, Ryan walks/runs the 1/2 mile!  As soon as Ryan saw me walking down the street toward him he ran at me in an all-out sprint.  I sure do love that boy.

 

nate.gma.ryan on a walk (1 of 1)

Nate loves this “big mickey” at grandmas.  He requested a picture today.

nate.ryan with big mickey on gma day (1 of 1)

I’ve been trying to be better about having Nate’s friends over from our old ward.  Our preschool schedules are totally opposite but we’ve all made a better effort lately and it’s been fun!  Jake & Hadley are two of Nate’s best buddies and it’s been nice to have them in our home a little more lately.  Jake and Nate played in these costumes for 3 hours straight.  And I was Cat Woman!

jake and nate (1 of 1)

This is Nate on one of our walks around the neighborhood.  He was wishing for a “racetrack like Jake.”

wishing for a ractrack feb2012 (1 of 1)

It was “hat day” at school this week which meant Nate got to wear his cowboy hat in to school and this awesome hat on the way out!

hat day in preschool feb2012 (1 of 1)

A few weeks ago Sam got a text from her dear friend Natalie who is teaching a hip hop dance class at the rec center.  She said she had a class full of 4 year old boys and thought Nate should come, too.  Nate said he would NOT do ballet but he’d try a little hip hop.  Aunt Sam came with us the first week and after a little coaxing and encouraging just to give it a try he absolutely loved it.  I’m pretty sure he has a crush on Miss Natalie – he invited her over to play this week!  A few girls have joined the class and it’s mostly a class teaching coordination with some hip hop moves at the end and it’s perfect.

nate in hip hop (1 of 1)

Here’s Ryan watching his big brother.  I’m pretty sure Ryan got more exercise than Nate running up and down the halls of the rec center. 

ryan watching nate dance (1 of 1)

3 comments:

laurel said...

Ashton is starting a hip hop class next week too! I'm so excited for it :)

Alisha said...

Don't tell Trey...he would love to try a dance class.

Doreen Griffeth said...

I love all the pictures!!! So fun to see the boys in action!
Love,
MOM G