Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I heart family.

I’m lucky - I come from a great family & I married in to a great family.

I’ve talked about this before, but Wes’ extended family is just plain wonderful.  They have a bond and a love for their entire family that is just rare.  Wes & I got to spend last night with his Uncle Thayer who is in town on business and even though Wes is out of town today, Thayer and Wes’ cousin Julia came and had dinner with the boys and I and they stayed and chatted for a while tonight and it was so good to catch up. 

……….

And speaking of my family – we were able to gather as a family and with my dad’s closest friends and watch him be sworn in last night as a City Councilman.  He gave a great little welcome speech and is well under way making a difference in the City of Henderson!

dad sworn in

john

4 comments:

J-Leav said...

he looks so dignified!

The Skeehan Family said...

I second that!!!! So impressive :-)

Doreen Griffeth said...

I would definitely trust him in office! Way to go!
Mom G

laurel said...

Way to go John! :)