Thursday, February 16, 2012

be my valentine.

Valentines Day was pretty fun in our house.  We didn’t do anything monumental but a few crafts . . . lots of treats and candy . . . a Valentines lunch at Kileys . . . Valentines in the mail from cousins & grandparents far away . . . and our daily love mail made it pretty fun.

Aunt Sam came over on the 13th to give the boys their Valentines.  She’s always so thoughtful.  So on V.Day while she was at work, the boys and I had fun sneaking in to her house and leaving her a Valentine.  Nate really enjoyed handing out Valentines this year.  It was fun he got to go to school on Valentines Day . . . I think his favorite Valentines to give out that day were to Ms. Joy [preschool teacher] and Ms. Natalie [hip hop teacher].

N&R with aunt sam's valentines (1 of 1)

Nate made this Valentines shirt at Claire’s house in Phoenix.  He was so excited about it that he wore it on the 13th.  Good thing I found Snoopy love shirts for the boys for V.Day.

nate in vday shirt he made at mimis (1 of 1)

Wes and I don’t usually exchange real Valentines gifts.  And we didn’t this year but Wes gave me the best gift of all when he got up early, fed the kids a healthy breakfast before he gave them their heart donut, cleaned up the entire kitchen and mopped the floor before he went to work!

ryan heart donut (1 of 1)

This year I had a mailbox for all three of my boys and every morning for about a week there was a little something fun in the mailbox for them.  I had big plans with thought out notes cute things to put in there and then all of a sudden it was February 7th and I just had to run with it.  I didn’t even get their names put on . . . maybe next year!  They still liked waking up to some love mail!

love mail (1 of 1)

We like holidays around here.

2 comments:

The Skeehan Family said...

you are so fun. what a perfect valentine's!! I may have to copy your mailbox idea, ps... and might I inquire as to where you got them? They are darling.

Oh, and way to go Wes! What a great guy :)

Doreen Griffeth said...

What a fun idea! The best valentines don't cost money!!! Way to go, Wes!
Love,
MOM G